Can't find liquid file for checkout

shopchop
Visitor
3 0 3

Hello,

I need to edit the checkout page - the page where you get after you click next in cart. That is the page where you input billing information. (I want to add add "agree with terms and conditions" checkbox).

But I can't seem to find any liquid file that contains the contents of the checkout page. There is no "checkout.liquid" or even anything with "check" in it's name.

My shop's address is: zabavaj-se.myshopify.com

Thanks.

Replies 39 (39)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

Hello, @shopchop 

Thanks for post 

sorry for that Shopify basic plan doesn;t allow to checkout page customization if you need this can you please upgrade your plan  https://www.shopify.in/plus/upgrade

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
shopchop
Visitor
3 0 3
I have chosen a paid plan however my free trial is still active. How can I
end the trial and go directly to paid plan?
CamiloP
Shopify Partner
87 10 14

hi, @shopchop you only can edit your checkout.liquid on Shopify plus plan!

That basically means that even in the advance plan of 299 USD per month you can't edit it.

However, you can add an agree on terms and conditions in cart page:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Cart-Add-an-Agree-to-terms-and-conditions-checkbox/m-... 

I hope this was useful!

Was useful? then please like and accept as solution
Not really sure how to improve your store? Ask us at porrasc940@gmail.com
MBoricua
Visitor
2 0 12

I have a Shopify Basic and I need to make a modification on 'checkout.liquid' for add a Payment Button from my bank.
I can edit almost all liquid pages but for edit 'checkout.liquid' I have to pay MORE monthly for add a simple code.

This is unfair and so frustrating. 😡

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

Hello, @MBoricua 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your question.

sorry for that Shopify basic plan doesn't allow to checkout page customization it's on for Shopify plus plan if you need this so can you please upgrade your Shopify plus plan

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Gandhigram
Visitor
1 0 16

We feel cheated. The basic plan pricing chart doesn't tell that Google Tag manager can't be implemented.

mOlDaViA
Visitor
1 0 8

yeah that's really stupid. I mean something like google ads won't work right until you can track conversion wich only work on plus ....

They tricked us.

pp30
Visitor
1 0 1

Agree, pretty annoying to have to upgrade for such a basic need that's critical to any site..

bluewater2222
Visitor
1 0 3

RE: How do I add Google Tags Manager if I cannot see the checkout.liquid file?

eric_w_jones
Visitor
1 0 4

If you're just looking for a way to include the GTM container script on the checkout template, I believe you can paste your GTM script into the "Additional Scripts" textarea field located in your stores "Checkout" settings.

Createsshop
Tourist
3 0 0

THANK YOU! This worked!

Alvaret
Visitor
1 0 1

So? No Google tag manager for us?

Or is there any other way we can implement this? without checkout.liquid file?

vikashpgs
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Ketan,

I'm using advance version of shopify, still i'm unable to find the checkout.liquid file.

Is it because i have staff access of store or this file has moved into something else?

Regards

Vikash

Michelsaoud
4 0 0

I have a basic shopify plan. If I pay a shopify expert, can he decrease the loading time of the checkout pages? 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Michelsaoud 

Thanks for update

no sorry Shopify basic plan doesn't allow to any customization 

Alex293
7 0 0

Hello, 

I just need to remove text that have added few years ago: text is between the subtotal and check out button. Can someone guide me how to remove it? 

Thank you!

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Alex293 

Sorry for facing this issue, it's my pleasure to help us.

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question. 😊

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

cristian-kraken
Visitor
2 0 1

I have installed my app in the demo store and I can't find the checkout.liquid, in the demo store can't be edit all files?

Apricot1
Visitor
1 0 4

This is really ANNOYING!

I need to set up conversion tracking for Google Analytics - and the most important conversion is inside the checkout file!

zalaan
Visitor
1 0 1

I want to add google tag on checkout page only. how can i do this

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@zalaan 

oh sorry for any issue do you have shopify plus plan?

anansenaturals
Excursionist
11 0 6

Hello,

I am also having the same issue. If I don't have the more expensive plan, does that mean I can't add Google Tag Manager at all? (See Shopify manual: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/reports-and-analytics/google-analytics/google-tag-manager#add-goo...). If I only add the code to theme.liquid will it cause a problem?

Thanks for your response!

Kind regards,

Jill

wesleyjwalker
Excursionist
14 0 5

Hi, I've recently come across the same issue. If you add the GTM script in the <head> via the theme.liquid file your GTM tag will be added to every page apart from the checkout page. As far as I'm aware, there's no workaround for this other than upgrading your plan.

anansenaturals
Excursionist
11 0 6

Thank you, @wesleyjwalker 

Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jill

idowue
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, I was able to successfully install google tag manager without the checkout.liquid file. Just copy and paste the tag snippet to the top of the header and body sections in theme.liquid file. then save. 

I hope this helps.

Fatsduarte
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi there, 

please can you let me know if the code is posted high enough ?

image.jpg

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Fatsduarte 

what's issue?

also checkout page customization allow only for shopify plus plan

MMDSupport
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Are you talking about the $79/month plan? Because we upgraded and STILL don't have access to the checkout.liquid

What's the file?

Createsshop
Tourist
3 0 0

Eric's solution worked for me.

jaimeleon
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi, in the source code i can see when checkout the tag manager script code but when i'm trying to verify it in the google ads conversion section it didn't work. How did u solve it?

regards,

Pablo

Createsshop
Tourist
3 0 0

I followed this reply:

If you're just looking for a way to include the GTM container script on the checkout template, I believe you can paste your GTM script into the "Additional Scripts" text area field located in your stores "Checkout" settings.

LordSloth
Excursionist
13 0 6

I can see various solutions on the web, but they are a lot more complicated than the way Shopify used to integrate with Google Analytics.  The clock is running down on a seamless Google GA4 and Shopify solution. July 2023 will be here before you know it.

welcomebrand
Shopify Partner
72 1 109

Well, this is an annoying way to learn that such basic functionality like GTM is essentially paywalled behind a nearly £3000/year plan. 

Regard
Visitor
1 0 2

Go to settings then checkout, there you will find an input box where you can add additional scripts lik the one for GTM google tag manager. Problem solved

Sami_Skaff
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, you have to 2 scripts one for head and one for body, which one you place when you are at the checkout section in settings?

Thanks 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Sami_Skaff 

yes but checkout file allow only shopify plus plan 

Ron-A
Visitor
1 0 1

SHOUT OUT to @Regard and @Createsshop for your help. 

@KetanKumar . Are you kidding me? You keep trying to sell shopify plus but this issue is critical to every shopify customer, we cant all have shopify plus because we arent all big corporations. Without GTM, our shops cant,  literally, interface GA. This is a fundamental requirement for the store and and should be a standard function. July 2023 is a long way off.

I am shocked that all you care about is that we lall upgrade to Shopify pls. You are a partner and i am sure you have a solution to this issue but you are just refusing to help. 

mye
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

My client is on the Shopify Plan (the "Plus" plan is no longer offered/visible). However, there is no checkout.liquid file... yet, the site has the ability to checkout. Should this file automatically be visible after the upgraded to the more expensive plan, or do I (as developer) need to now add the file into the Layout section in the theme?

idomyshop
Visitor
1 0 0

You can not edit checkout liquid file without upgrading Shopify plan. Anyhow, if you want to add Google Tag Manager or any other conversion script to track your conversions then follow the following steps:

Go to setting > Go to Checkout > Scroll Down and Go to "order status page"

Here you can insert your google tracking scripts or other customizations as well.