Can't find theme.scss.css, style.scss.css, and owl.carousel.css

Solved
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello Shopify Support/Experts,

I did a Google PageSpeed Insights and it's indicating that the 3 files theme.scss.css, style.scss.css, and owl.carousel.css are blocking the first paint of your page. Consider delivering critical JS/CSS inline and deferring all non-critical JS/styles.   I have developers willing to work on this, but we can't find the files in the edit code of the themes.  Can someone tell me how to gain access to those files for my developers to improve the speed of my website.  Much appreciated!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2569 133 433

Developers should know those are files that come from template files accesible in the theme editors.

theme.scss.liquid, style.scss.liquid, etc

They need to go over theme documentation https://shopify.dev/docs/themes to minimize further confusion.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi PaulNewton,

The files theme.scss.liquid, style.scss.liquid are not the ones I'm looking for.  I am very specifically looking for theme.scss.css, style.scss.css, and owl.carousel.css.  I have attached a screenshot of what Google's PageSpeed Insights pointed out in what needs to be improved.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 3.29.53 PM.png

Thank you,

BleuBambi

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2569 133 433

This is an accepted solution.

@BleuBambi wrote:

The files theme.scss.liquid, style.scss.liquid are not the ones I'm looking for.  I am very specifically looking for theme.scss.css, style.scss.css, and owl.carousel.css. 

The liquid versions are quite literally the ones you are looking for, they are the same files, templates you edit on the server gets turned into the files sent to the browser.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes