Can you upgrade plan to basic, modify the theme in the code, and then change back without any impl?

heimdalsgade
2 0 0

Hi, 

I have a few things that I want to change with my theme, but need to to do that in the code. Hence, I wonder if its possible to upgrade to basic and make all the changes, and then change it back without having any implications on the design changes?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1391 92 191

Hi there @heimdalsgade!

Don here from Shopify.

I'd love to help you out here and clarify the situation, if you could just clear up what it is you're looking to be able to do yourself a bit first?

You referred to upgrading to Basic Shopify here, are you currently on our Lite plan or one of the Pause plans?

I am also not sure what is meant here by implications on the design changes?

If you can provide as much context and clarifying information on what your current situation is and what you'd ideally like to be able to do, we can work together to see what the available options are.

I look forward to checking this out with you!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
heimdalsgade
2 0 0

Hi Don, 

Thanks, I have a starter plan, and a Brooklyn theme. I want to do changes in the code, but in order to do that I need to upgrade the plan to basic. 

1) I uppgrade to basic, make all changes in the code 

2) switch back to starter

3) ? what will happen with the changes I did in the code?

Make sense?

Many thanks!

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1391 92 191

Hi there @heimdalsgade!

Don here from Shopify once again.

Thank you for that info, that makes the situation much clearer!

As the starter plan was discontinued a number of years ago it is now a legacy plan and, as such, it would not be possible to move back onto this plan if you change plans or cancel your store.

If you want to have access to edit your store's theme code you would need to move to at least the Basic Shopify plan and it would not be possible to return to the starter plan having done so.

Have a think about what would matter the most for your business needs overall and determine which path would be best before making this change, as it would not be possible to undo it if you choose to move off the starter plan.

Let me know if you have any other questions or you'd like further clarification of anything here.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes