Cant find the "add section" button

blakelower
Excursionist
24 0 6

Hi all, so I'm using the 'Grid' theme and I'm trying to edit a new page but the add sections is not popping up. I know I'll have to add some custom code, which I did below but still nothing. Let me know where I went wrong 🙂 

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 11.23.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-06 at 11.23.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-06 at 11.24.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-06 at 11.24.40 AM.png

Replies 4 (4)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

There should be no spaces in your section name. Make sure the section you're trying to render is spelled correctly. 

{% section 'advanced content' %} 

should be 

{% section 'advanced-content' %} 

Assuming you actually have a section named "advanced-content.liquid" in your sections folder. 

If you're trying to use this on multiple pages, this likely will not work. It's going to carry over whatever settings you've used on another page, unless it's been designed to work around this limitation as I've seen done on some themes. If it doesnt work, you'll have to copy the contents of "advanced-content.liquid" from your sections folder and make a new section called "advanced-content-consultation" and remove the code that auto generates and paste the code from "advanced-content.liquid" in there. Then when you render the section you'll just want to say:

{% section 'advanced-content-consultation' %}

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
blakelower
Excursionist
24 0 6

Hi so it would not be called Advanced Section because the page I called it is named "Consultation" for the Consultation Page. I added Images in here for you to look at and see what I could of done incorrectly. First image is page.consultation.liquid, and the second is the consultation.liquid page. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 1.00.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-06 at 1.01.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-06 at 1.01.11 PM.png

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

Well  you don't have any settings specified in the schema, you need to put some settings so you can set them and then output them via liquid:

https://shopify.dev/themes/architecture/settings

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
blakelower
Excursionist
24 0 6

Ok what settings would I add for it to be replicated as it is on the homepage?