Capturing Additional Information on the Registration Form

Shopify Partner
28 0 3

My shop is for elementary school spiritwear.  One of the "shipping" options is to send the clothing home with a student called "Book Bag Mail".

I have added a field to the registration form.

​
<p>If you will be using Book Bag Mail (sending your orders home with a student), enter the Student Name/Room Number below.</p>
      <label class="label--hidden">Student Name/Room Number for Book Bag Mail</label>
      <input type="text" name="customer[note][BookBagMail]" placeholder="Enter student name and room number" />

I am trying to access this data elsewhere - notification emails, cart page, etc.  

Book Bag Mail1: {{ customer[note][BookBagMail] }}
Book Bag Mail2: {{ customer.note[BookBagMail] }}
Book Bag Mail3: {{ customer.note.BookBagMail }}
Book Bag Mail4: {{ customer.note.bookbagmail }}

None of these produce any output.

Any help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
298 0 158

Hey Cal,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you're using this tutorial. This one is designed to make a note on the Customer Account, so you should be able to capture the information by just using the variable {{ note }}.

If that doesn't work, give me a shout! :)

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
28 0 3

I tried the {{ note }} and it gave me the contents of the note field (entered on the lower left of the cart page) but not the special {{ customer[note][BookBagMail] }} field.

I know it's there because it shows up on the orders page under the customer name:

Cal Tabernik

BookBagMail: Marjorie Smith Room 512

But no clue how to access it myself in the emails or on the other pages.

0 Likes