Cart - Add an 'Agree to terms and conditions' checkbox

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Thank you for commenting on the article, it did not work for me also, I did follow your adjustments and was still not able to get the "required" portion to work out. Would you be able to assist me that? That would seriously be awesome thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, the info for the Brooklin theme does not match to the code.  Why is it so ?  I need a solution to this subject. I can not edit the code due to this problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Can you paste the 2 sections here?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Can you add the 2 sections here? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Just want to say to all, if you are from Germany.

This tutorial is useless, because the ckeckbox appears on cart, but not on the last step of checkout.

I spend some hours to realize that I'am working on cart-template and this file is not the checkout page, on which I test it and refresh it like idiot.

Ckeckout page appears if the buyer clicks "buy now" button and goes thru many pages with forms.

And according to german laws this checkbox muss be near of the "complete order" button on the last step.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 1 0

Thanks! This worked great in my debut theme but I'm having an issue with adding it to the line above the checkout button. I tried adding a <p> and a <br>  right before the input tag but it doesn't seem to be working. 

<p style="float: none; text-align: right; clear: both; margin: 10px 0;">
<input style="float:none; vertical-align: middle;" type="checkbox" id="agree" />
<label style="display:inline; float:none" for="agree">
I agree with the <a href="/pages/terms-and-conditions">terms and conditions. </a>
<br>
<p></p>
</label> 

<input type="submit" name="checkout"
class="cart__submit btn btn--small-wide"
value="{{ 'cart.general.checkout' | t }}">
</div>

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

What if there is no theme.js or theme.js.liquid file and only a theme.min.js file?

Please can I have some assistance with this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi, I followed the tutorial and everything is great, except for one thing. If I use internet explorer to reach the shop, in the shopping cart page the checkout button vanishes and doesn't work properly. The popup for consent doesn't come out and you can't finalize the payment

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Kalobyte,

as i am intergrating the buy button in our wordpress page, could you tell me how you solved to implement this at the last page (complete order?)

Thanks a lot and greetings from germany

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

I am using the Venture theme and I had noticed this and changed it to required but you are still able to bypass the checkbox. Any other solutions to fixing this problem?

The logic makes sense it just doesn't want to work! So frustrating!

0 Likes