Cart - Add an 'Agree to terms and conditions' checkbox

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi TyW and  thank you . I have  followed your tuto  to the letter and  magic :  the checkbox is there in my cart but the link does not work. Either something wrong with the  URL I  entered or maybe it  comes from the fact that I  created the page which was automatically integrated to the footer menu "Link". I  tried several combinations of  the url  without success . Can you help me further ? The last one I entered is href= "/policies/terms-of-service" ... The theme is Minimal. Should I create a separate page ? Cheers 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi, 

Is it possible to make another type of warning? Just like on contact forms where the text goes red or something..

Can I add a second one to my contact form?

Don't understand why shopify don't add this option on the checkout page.. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi! 

I am using the theme Emerge. I followed these instructions however the check box is still not required! One disparity I noticed was that my cart.liquid under templates does not include any content except 

{% render 'framework--cart', view: 'desktop' %}
{% render 'framework--cart', view: 'mobile' %}

I found framework--cart.liquid under snippets. Does this affect the code needed? 

Thanks for anyone that can provide some insights!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

In the brooklyn theme,  In the ajax-cart-template.liquid file, I can not find this line of code: <button type="submit" class="btn--secondary btn--full cart__checkout" name="checkout">

But instead, I found something similar : <button type="submit" class="btn--secondary btn--full cart__checkout" name="checkout">

Does it work the same way?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

That worked great, thanks so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

My store is multilanguage (2 languages). I managed to add this checkbox to my store and even got text next to it displayed in correct language, but cannot figure out how to fix text in alert popup window so it is displayed in correct (user chosen) language. Any tips on this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you. This was very helpful. I am curious if anyone knows how to hide this checkbox unless a particular item (or tags/collections/product types) is added to cart.

For example, I am going to be selling a combination of merchandise and in-store appointments. If a customer orders merch, they will not need this checkbox. If they order something from one of my other 3 collections they will need to accept the terms for service. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

What do you do if theme.js or theme.js.liquid isn't an option on your theme? We have Modular and I only see tms.js.

Thanks!

0 Likes