Cart Attribute - Drop down selection box Not Appearing (Envy theme) - please help!

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi guys, I'm wanting to add an extra field (drop down box field) to collect extra information from customer in the shopping cart. I used the Shopify UI elements generator and got the below code to embed in the cart.liquid-template.  

I embedded it in the right place and I was able to get it working like how I want it within the Debut theme (shopify free theme) But when I did the same thing in Envy theme, only the label name appears but the dropdown box doesn't.  
I had reached out to the Wetheme support team (who created the Envy theme) but they said they do not offer support for customisation to their themes.   I just have a feeling there must be something in the code (below) that I'm missing that's not allowing for the dropdown box to appear in the Envy theme.  If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it. thanks.   Is there something in the Envy theme that is preventing the drop down box from appearing? Below is the code that I embedded in both of the themes.  I have attached screenshots of the cart page from both Debut and Envy theme. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. 

thanks

Michiko 

<p class="cart-attribute__field">
  <label>How often do you buy pet food?</label><br>
  <select required class="required" id="how-often-do-you-buy-pet-food" name="attributes[How often do you buy pet food?]">
    <option value="Once a week"{% if cart.attributes["How often do you buy pet food?"] == "Once a week" %} selected{% endif %}>Once a week</option>
    <option value="Once a fortnight"{% if cart.attributes["How often do you buy pet food?"] == "Once a fortnight" %} selected{% endif %}>Once a fortnight</option>
    <option value="Once a month"{% if cart.attributes["How often do you buy pet food?"] == "Once a month" %} selected{% endif %}>Once a month</option>
  </select>
</p>

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Not sure the screenshot were loaded with my original post. But here they are

this is the screenshot from Debut theme which shows the drop down box perfectly.

Debut theme shopping cart.png

And below is the screenshot of the Envy theme which does not show the drop down box. It only displays the Label (field) name.  

Envy theme shopping cart.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1381 111 194

Please Share a store url to better assist.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Sorry but my website is not live yet and I have already supplied screenshots as well as the code itself which should be sufficient. 

0 Likes