Cart 'Notes' not showing on orders!

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi All,

We just launched a new website but for some reason, the notes that people can add to their orders are not working. They are active, they just don't get added to the orders, resulting in us losing valuable order information.

I have verified the cart-template.liquid file with another, working, website, and these two do match up.

I believe that there might be an issue with Shopify adding these notes to the orders.

UPDATE: This may have to do with the App 'Customer Reorder', which has an option to leave notes, separate from the Shopify system. I believe they may 'override' the cart notes from Shopify.

Thank you,

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Well, after disabling the 'Customer Reorder' app, the Shopify cart notes started to work properly again.

What **bleep**ty programming on the App developer's end.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

UPDATE: My bad, this did not resolve the solution. The Reorder app is not at fault!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Bumping this since I'm currently having the same issue. Any luck in finding a solution? Here's the textarea I currently have in my cart:

<textarea name="note" id="CartSpecialInstructions" class="mb1" placeholder="Write your message here..." maxlength="150">{{ cart.note }}</textarea>

Products are getting passed through to checkout correctly, but after processing and reviewing the order there aren't any notes attached to it.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

We're having the same problem - Notes just stopped showing up on Orders. Did anyone find a solution?

1 Like
1 0 1

Same Probleme here with debut theme. It seems not to work with Paypal Express Checkout. With creditcard checkout it works fine. Does anyone hava an idea? Thank you

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Can confirm we are having the same issue are have customers emailing us angrily that there orders were not drilled!

Would be nice if someone from shopify would at least let us know they are looking at the issue!! Its been 2 weeks since this was initially reported.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

My issue was most likely an outlier, which is why I hadn't posted a solution here, but following up now just in case it helps someone.

The cart I was using was somewhat non-traditional in the sense that it wasn't wrapped in a form element and was using some 3rd party JS (that I wasn't all that familiar with) to handle submissions, etc. Simply wrapping the cart in a form element cleared things up for me.

Hope it's that easy for you guys!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Having similar issues - customer notes seem lost in space! Has anyone found a solution? Would love to know where to find the notes customers are adding!!

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi everyone, 

Having same problem here! Anyone solved it??

0 Likes