Cart - Use cart attributes to collect more information

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 1 1

I got it.

Update attribute[name] = null when remove item in cart or every page

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi! I used the tutorial to add a Swing Tag Message field which worked perfectly (thank you!). I needed this additional attribute because I used the standard cart notes section for 'Delivery Instructions', however, I've just set up Local Delivery which includes a Delivery Instructions field during Checkout automatically, and therefore I have reverted the standard cart notes area back to a Swing Tag Message field, and no longer need the additional attribute. I deleted the code that I'd added via the Elements Generator and saved the template, however, the additional attribute is still showing on the cart page, i.e. now I have two Swing Tag Message field areas :/ Any ideas on what I've missed in deleting the additional attribute or other steps I need to take to remove the additional attribute? 

Two fields now showing on Cart pageTwo fields now showing on Cart page

Highlighted code was deleted and template savedHighlighted code was deleted and template saved

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

HI Matt, did you work out how to view the additional notes that customer are adding? I've followed all the instructions, the customer can complete the box but it doesn't notify me or share what the customer has written, Thanks, Lauren

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 1 1

Hi SallySmith,

I think when you remove all code had attribute after go to front end clear cookie in browser (or open browser private) so will be ok. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hey Matt, did ever find an answer to this? I'm having the same problem on my first order.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello! Does the field form allow for customers to select more than one response in the radio button or drop-down? How do I add more than one answer for the checkbox?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Expert!

I did everything as you said,

Copy and paste the code below into your cart.liquid file between the <form> and </form> tags. 

But, there's no change in my cart whatsoever!

I'm using the Debutify theme, Please help me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi TyW,

Thanks for your info. I successfully displaying the cart attributes in my cart page (i.e. Delivery date, Message on the card) but somehow I am not sure if they were captured or stored into Database.  I did test order and pick the date and wrote down card message for this order but in my ADMIN order page (where I can see the details of each order), the Notes field (top right corner) did not display the notes that I wrote when I placed that order. 

And also, I tried to incorporate these attributes in my "Notification order confirmation" email and it also didn't show the information that I entered (Only the hardcoded label (title) but not the actual entered values).

Please help.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

As per shopify guide, Collecting or doing any additional custom fields won't work with any dynamic check out options : apple pay, buy now button, paypal.

You have to disable the dynamic checkout button.

0 Likes