Cart does not update on collection page but does on product page

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, I am using the Debut theme and I am struggling to figure out why my shopping cart does not refresh when I add a product on a collection page. It does on a product page.

I have set it up so that when you click add to cart from collection, it does not take you to the product page, and if you were to click the cart you would see the product in there on the cart page...however number does not update on the cart unless you refresh the page so a customer is unlikely to know to click on the cart.

I have seen a lot of fixes for this issue using the Ajax-cart file, but I do not have an ajax-cart liquid file, so I am very confused.

The specific page I am having issues with is https://www.buffalo2u.com/collections/pre-made-buffalo-boxes

While here, if anyone can help with adding additional padding underneath the products so that it doesn't bleed into the reviews, that would be great!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 2 3

Regarding the click add to cart from the Collection page, you're using the Quick View app (https://apps.shopify.com/quick-view) is that correct? If so, go into the app settings and add #CartCount in the app's General Settings > Cart Count id.

For the padding, try adding the following to the end of your theme css file:

.template-collection .page-width .grid {
    margin-bottom: 110px;
}

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you so much for your help. This seems to be the fix according to Quick View documentation as well. However, there is no Cart Count ID field in settings. Instead there is a jQuery Selector. It seems like the #Cart-Count is already listed here, but there may be something about the MiniCart that would have to be updated. I'm not sure what though. Can you provide any assistance here?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 2 3

Could you provide a screenshot of the app settings page? I'm not 100% sure what is meant by "However, there is no Cart Count ID field in settings. Instead there is a jQuery Selector."

Also, please note that the mini-cart count id for the Debut theme is #CartCount and not #Cart-Count (no dash between the words "Cart" and "Count").

Hope this helps.

0 Likes