Cart empties on checkout

7 0 0

As of today the shopping basket empties when people try to check out. They add and see products in their basket, than press Order Now and than get an empty cart page. Can anyone see whats causing this problem? The website is www.amazings.nl

"Nu kopen" / "afrekenen" means purchase in dutch

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 18 59

Hi, Ivo

Elle here from Shopify. 

This is currently a known issue we are working on resolving. You can stay updated with the issue via our status page here.

Very sorry for the impact this is having on your business. If you have any other questions or would like to get in touch with us directly please reach out to our support here. We're available 24/7.

Thanks so much.

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

i have the same problem from today, and don't know what happed on the website. Is it an individual problem or an universal??  is there anf Guru could help with this??

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 18 59

Hi, Jing

I just replied to your other post here and included a workaround we have just discovered. 

For clarity, I'll list it here as well!

Keep in mind that this option may not appear on all themes. Try the following:

A workaround would be to change the cart type to anything other than page from within your theme editor here:

Please note that with this workaround, some apps, scripts, or custom code that relies on the cart type being "page" might not work.

I do hope this helps and we'll be updating the status page as soon as we have any updated information to share. 

Thanks so much. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello Elle,

Please have a look at chickcosmetics.com and see if there is anything I can do about this. Customers are rather impatient and our social media is blowing up because its a sale day. 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello Elle, and thank you for your help.

However the workaround doesnt really work, it only work when you check out directly after adding the product, if you add a product and then go to another product page, add another one, then the cart is only keeping the last one.

I hope it helps for your investigation and hope will be solved soon.

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 18 59

Hello All, 

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have identified the issue and a fix is being implemented. 

This issue should be resolved shortly and our status page will, of course, reflect this. 

Thank you all for your patience. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 18 59

Hello everyone, 

Thanks so much for your patience, I’m reaching out with an update about the cart issue you had earlier today.

I’m happy to say that a fix has been shipped and you should no longer experience any problems. I apologize for any disruption this has caused you, please let me know if you have any more trouble.

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 0

Hi Elle,

I have implemented the Shopify Buy SDK in our application. The problem we are facing is that when we checkout from our own cart page using the webURL provided by the Shopify Checkout Object, the cart gets empty on its own, even though we have products added in the cart and then due to this the order cannot be placed further. I am carrying out the whole process of adding products to cart and checkout through Shopify Buy SDK.

I am attaching the screenshot of the error that i receive on clicking checkout at the cart page.This issue occurs randomly and there is no particular pattern through which this issue occurs.

Kindly, suggest me how to proceed with this issue.

Regards,

Nimita

0 Likes
2 0 2
I still experience this problem on a regular basis! Once or twice a week someone messages me that the cart empties when they try to checkout. I wonder how many people simply abandon the cart go elsewhere because of this.
0 Likes