Cart update button sending to checkout (brooklyn)

1 0 0

Hi Everyone!

Iv'e got a problem with my "Update cart" button.

I installed multilingo app and tried adding the update cart and continue shopping buttons to my theme.

I have done this on my other stores and it worked properly.

What happens now is that every time I click update cart I get sent to the checkout, and the cart indeed gets updated, but I want to stay on the cart page.

this is the code for all three of my buttons (continue shopping, update cart and checkout).

<a href="/collections/" title="Continue shopping" class="btn--secondary continue shopping">Continue shopping</a>
<br>
<button type="submit" name="update" class="btn--secondary update-cart">{{ 'cart.general.update' | t }</button>
<button type="submit" name="checkout" class="btn cart__checkout">

Could anyone please help me fix the update cart button so it works properly?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having a similar issue with the Minimal theme (though, I'm really not sure when our issue started as I was just recently informed it was an issue). Through searching around, it appears there's an issue with having "submit" as the button type. If you change it to say, button type="button", the button does nothing, obviously , but at least it doesn't send you to checkout? I've been searching around everywhere now and have tried multiple things, but nothing is working.. so, the button is hidden for now. The code for the Minimal theme is similar to yours (below); so, I'm hoping that whoever answers this question can knock it out for Minimal theme users, as well.

<a class="btn btn--secondary" href="/collections/all">{{ 'cart.general.continue_shopping' | t }}</a>
<button type="submit" name="update" class="btn--secondary update-cart">{{ 'cart.general.update' | t }}</button>
<button type="submit" name="checkout" class="btn">{{ 'cart.general.checkout' | t }}</button>

0 Likes