Category Image Too Big

DencoDrew1988
3 0 0

Hello,

I am trying to resize several category images on the collections page.  The thumbnails are all the same size but some images, no matter how much I alter the pixel sizes, are coming up way too large.  They then display enormous on the page when you click into the collection (like, where the image goes at the header once you are in the collection.)  How do I fix this?  Thanks. 

oversizeimage.jpg

0 Likes
Ari
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
25 1 3

Hi @DencoDrew1988 ,

This is Ari from Shopify and I’ll be happy to help with your question.

When it comes to collection images, the way they are shown will depend on the image you uploaded and the way the theme will display it. Usually these issues appear when the images don’t have the best resolution or they don’t have enough margin (blank space between the object and the border of the picture).

As I could see in the image you shared, the 3M logo is shown too big and it’s cut in the edges. This is something that can be fixed easily just adding more margin space. You can try to find another picture with these characteristics or, if you have image edition knowledge, you can modify the background/canvas size. In this article, you will find some tips about the recommended image size and resolution.

Regarding the image shown once inside the collection, this is something related with the theme you applied to your shop. In this case, the theme takes the featured image you used for the collection and uses it as a banner. If the image has not enough resolution, that can affect the quality and can make them look blurry.

If you desire to keep the same theme, you can upload higher resolution featured images in your collections. However, if you don’t want these banners to appear, you can select another theme from the Shopify Theme page.

If you decide you want to change your theme and you need some help, don’t hesitate to get back to me and I’ll give you the best suggestions.

I hope this helps. Feel free to reply back if there’s anything else you need.

Have a good one!

Ari

Ari | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - ¿Te resultó útil mi respuesta? Dale Me gusta para hacérmelo saber 
 - ¿Resolvimos tu pregunta? Dale a Aceptar como solución
 - Para saber más visita el Centro de ayuda de Shopify o nuestro Blog de Shopify

0 Likes