Challenge Step (/account/challenge) style

1 0 0

Hey guys,

I am attempting to change some styling/wording on the Challenge Step page (accessed by failing to enter correct account registration data a few times in a row).

I've never seen this page before until now, and cannot find any information on it anywhere.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9779 86 1527

Hey Jayden,

Those pages exist outside of the theme so are not something you have control over. That said, the content under What can I do? looks wrong and I've not seen that result before.

If you can still replicate this would you mind shooting that pic along with the store info to Shopify Support?

For reference, I see this on my test store:

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
114 0 45

Hi,

Is this seriously not available ? 

This page is crazy ugly, with no translation data in the translation file... what the hell Shopify ? 

I would understand in the case this page would display in case of too many attempts of sending a form. 
But it's not it. Shopify announcement: 

February 6

Customers

To reduce spam submissions, customers must now complete a captcha to verify that they are a human when submitting a contact form or signing up for a mailing list more than once in a 24 hour period. ? ?

This is crazy, 24 hours ? 
So any customer trying to submit a form twice within 24 hours (which happens very frequently since Shopify doesn't send any confirmation to the customer), then he will get that strange page, in English ? 

I really really don't get it. 

★Shopify tweaker★
1 Like
Shopify Partner
38 0 0

yep.. i agree.. Hopefully they add a .liquid for that .. so that we can Style over.. grrrr...

commong shopify

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

I'm implementing simple contact form on a site. I've added several fields to my form. 
Now that users submit the form - they are receiving this message: "To continue, let us know you're not a robot."
The fact that this page is not customizable is frustrating enough, but I've found another bug: in Portuguese the message says "Sua resposta não estava correta. Por favor tente novamente." - which has completely different meaning!

So in "Checkout & system" part of translations (in admin panel) I've found that notification message and error message are inverted. So I had to change them manually (see second screenshot). Hope this helps someone...

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 23.22.22.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-06 at 23.30.17.png

0 Likes

You can use the 'g-recaptcha'  class given to the element. You can style it by overwriting/adding CSS or you can 'hack' it by changing things like HTML with JAVASCRIPT.

This is not one of the cleanest solutions but it is what it is until Shopify gives us a template to edit.

Freelance developer — https://hardcodepunk.be
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm running into the same problem, after submit it brings you to a page that is completely not acceptable - my above the fold banner is gone so you can't see the header/nav menu, and the button style is all white so you can't see it.

I found this info which basically says to use a 3rd party emailer: 

https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006912267-Why-do-I-see-a-please-complete-the-c...

please update if you find a solution.

I feel like a circus monkey trying to jump through all of shopify's limitations... what a joke

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 8.22.54 AM.png

0 Likes
Excursionist
14 0 3

@Jason it's not entirely correct to say the challenge page is outside the theme? The challenge still renders where you put {{ content_for_layout }} - it's just we don't have a template to customize. A hack method to nearly reinstate one though is as follows: 

theme.liquid

<body>
  {% if request.path == '/challenge' %}
    {% include 'challenge' %}
  {% else %}
    {{ content_for_layout }}
  {% endif %}
</body>  

challenge.liquid: 

<div class="some-wrapper-around-challenge">
  {{ content_for_layout }}  {% comment %} <--- conent_for_layout IS the captcha form in this context {% endcomment %}
  <style>
    /* NOTE: these classes are subject to change at any time... since they are injected by shopify / google captcha */
    .shopify-challenge__container {
    }

.shopify-challenge__message {
    }

#g-recapthca {
    }
  </style>
  <script>
    $('shopify-challenge__message').text('Custom message or {{ settings.challenge_message }}')
  </script>
</div>

etc. 

0 Likes