Change Boundless Product Images

2 0 0

Hello!

I am desperately trying to create a thumbnail scenario on my product pages rather than the multiple large images filling up the whole page - I LOVE everything about this theme other than the way the products additional images are displayed.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
221 0 13

Hey Jodi,

Which Theme are you using. You could look up into Online Store>Theme Customize>Product Page and check the options there if there is a easy option to only use thumbnails or anything like that. Not that likely, but could be. Otherwise you would need to hire a developer to do that modification on the code if you can not do it yourself. Hope there would be a easy way, but if its not in the Theme Customize, you would need a profesional hand. You could enter HERE in search of Shopify Experts to do the job! There are all kind of price ranges :P Tell me if you need any advice :D 

Good Luck :D

Entrepreneur, Developer, Geek, Gamer and very passionate about WEB development! :P

Need help with your Shopify Store? Contact me: jfeuchter@gmail.com :D
0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the Boundless theme. Would really like to try and do this myself if I can. 

Jodi 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Same. And you can do it. I can too., This is crazy that no one tells you how to. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey Jodi,

Did you figure out eventually how to do it?

Just started my shop with this theme and I'm desperate to change it also.

Thanks,

Noam

0 Likes
3 0 0

I'd like to know as well. Love everything about this theme except the mega overbearing images in the product pages.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
221 0 13

Hey :D 

I found a really easy way of making the image container smaller and the information container bigger so it doesnt look bad. Here is a preview: 

Tell me if you like this preview so I can tell you how to do it :P 

Cheers! 

Entrepreneur, Developer, Geek, Gamer and very passionate about WEB development! :P

1 Like
3 0 0

I love the way it looks Jurgen. How did you achieve that look?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2522 25 538

Please, excuse me for the sales pitch, but I offer a modification for the Boundless theme which implements alternate product page layouts, and one of them is a classical Debut/Minimal-type.

You can have a look here 

At the moment, the moificaiton also includes the product page tabs (as shared here), multi-criteria tag-based filtering for collection pages and ability to change the action-bar behaviour to be more menu/sub-menu-like.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com! My post solved your problem? This is my Paypal too :)
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
221 0 13

Hey Javier,

Pretty simple, there are two divs which make up one--half the image and one--half the description an the rest. All you have to do is change this clases inside the dive with the class="grid product-single":

class="grid__item product-single__photos medium-up--one-half"

to this:

Image div:
class="grid__item product-single__photos medium-up--one-third"
and the information div to:
class="grid__item product-single__photos medium-up--two-thirds"

You can play with the size css using one-half or one-forth and so on. Hope this helps :D 

Cheers!

0 Likes