Change Collection Image in grid from 1:1 to 2:3 (Debut)

guyb
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey,

I'm looking for some help in changing the ratio of collection images when displayed in a grid (such as on the 'all collections' page)

I want to change them from the default square 1:1 to a 2:3 or 3:2 ratio depending on the image (I realise the variability here might be tricky)

I'm using the Debut theme, and I don't mind changing snippets of the code myself, just not sure where this is in the theme or if it's possible.

For context: I am selling photography prints, where in each collection there are variations of the 'same product' (framed, canvas etc). However, I am using the actual 'photo' to be printed as the collection image and trying to send people to 'all collections' to browse and pick a print before then deciding inside the collection which option they'd like - and therefore it is annoying when a portrait or landscape 2x3 image gets centre cropped, meaning there is no way for the customer to properly see the full image before opening collections and previewing it in a frame etc, which is an unnecessary step for them.

(And 'all product' pages, even filtered, get clogged by multiple variations of the same print) 

I hope this makes sense,

Thank you in advance! I really appreciate it.

Guy

UmairA
Shopify Partner
872 85 173

Hey there @guyb,

Can you please include the URL of your store? I'll take a look for you before I can offer any solution/guidance. Thanks

Need help with theme customization or to add a new feature? Hire me
Email: umairabbascs@gmail.com
WhatsApp: WhatsApp
Theme customization | Custom coding | Store Setup | SEO Audit | Speed Optimization | Tweaks & Bugs fixing
0 Likes
guyb
Tourist
8 0 1

Thank you so much for responding,

Sure thing, so say this collection page https://shop.guyb.ie/collections, I'd like all of the 'collections' to be a 2:3 or 3:2 ratio depending on the image

0 Likes
guyb
Tourist
8 0 1

Still looking for help if anyone has any advice, thank you!

0 Likes