Change “Products” header title on Brooklyn theme

AJ22
Visitor
2 0 0

I can’t find anywhere to change the header “products” within the Brooklyn Theme - there is another discussion in here about changing “product” header title but it’s not relevant to the Brooklyn shopify theme?

Replies 12 (12)

Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 57 178

Hey, AJ.

My name is Lizzy. I'm one of the Shopify Support Gurus.

I was wondering if you could share a screenshot or link to the page where the title is appearing that you'd like to change? As there are a few different areas your question could apply to. I'll go through some of the options that I think might help out!

First of all I'll show you where you can change the page title in Brooklyn that appears in your browser tab. This is set up in the theme.liquid file. It uses code that applies the title, that you set up in your products or pages, to the title that appears in the tab. You can see where this code appears in Brooklyn here. If you're comfortable adjusting this to alter what happens on products pages, you can make the change here. Otherwise to change this title you can simply change the title of your product in the admin.

If you're looking to adjust the product title that is shown in this screenshot, you can again do so by adjusting the product title in the products section of your admin.

The other area I wanted to share information about is the menu, and how to adjust the wording there. You can do this by going to Online Store>Navigation>Select the menu you're working on and edit the menu items. This help doc explains the steps in a bit more detail.

I hope that one of these options helps to answer your question. Let me know if not and I can look again for you. You can give us a call too or start a live chat at any time. Our teams are available 24/7.

Thank you, 
Lizzy

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

kburke5000
Visitor
1 0 1

you can see that this question was posted last year and there have been no "likes" to the answer. I just tried the Brooklyn theme and the very first thing I needed to do was to edit this same word "Products" on the product page. In my case, I need to make it say Gallery or Paintings. If this is impossible, I then tried to see if I could edit the color to white to make it appear invisible on the page. It appears that the only way to change color is for the entire theme. I read and re-read Lizzy's answer and it was very confusing. I don't think Lizzy speaks the same english that I do. 

I do not understand what she means by change the name of your product in the admin.

I am trying to set up very simple sites for artists. Perhaps there is no way to alter any of the words in any shopify themes that say " Products". While it is a products page, I don't want the page to say "products" on it...

I have only been looking for a day. Perhaps there is another place to edit individual words. If not, 29 a month for a template that is this rigid and this limited may be too much. I really don't need a complex template, at all, but a slight amount more flexibility is crucial. I did look at the code snippet Lizzy referenced. As far as I can see, that only controlled the UNIVERSAL color of all the type. Please direct me to where I should look for more editing possibilities.

Gummy16
Visitor
1 0 3

Hello!

Here's a more direct step by step. Figured this out myself just now:

1. Themes > Edit code > Under "Sections" look for Collection-template.liquid 

2. Press CTRL F to look for "h1"

3. Change all the text in between "<h1>" and "</h1>" to the text you want to replace the "Products" text with. This is the actual text in between them that you are looking to replace: {{ collection.title }}

KyleLacewing
Visitor
2 0 2

Just want to say I tried this and worked perfectly fine. Thank you!

oneaura
4 0 0

what did you try & what worked? 

KyleLacewing
Visitor
2 0 2

These instructions:

1. Themes > Edit code > Under "Sections" look for Collection-template.liquid 

2. Press CTRL F to look for "h1"

3. Change all the text in between "<h1>" and "</h1>" to the text you want to replace the "Products" text with. This is the actual text in between them that you are looking to replace: {{ collection.title }}  --(I found it on line 44)

oneaura
4 0 0

this worked perfectly! thank you so much 

oneaura
4 0 0

Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 18.58.28.png

Hi, currently trying to remove the "products" heading & have it blank but no luck whatsoever. 

Is anyone able to assist? 

thanks

AJ22
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, thanks for your reply - ive attached a copy of the “product” title page I would like to change to “prints” if you could let me know how to do this that would be great! Many thanks,

AJ

Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 57 178

Hi AJ.

Thank you for sharing a screenshot! It looks like your menu is linking to the "All Products" collection page. This is a collection created by default on your store that displays all visible products you have listed in the admin. An easy way to change what title appears on this page would be to create a collection with the title "Prints" and then change the link in your menu to connect to the collection. 

To decide if this a useful option, opposed to changing the title in the code of the theme, you can think about where you see your business in the future. As this way will lay better groundwork for selling products in your store other than prints. You can just create a new collection! 

If you create a manual collection you will just need to add any new products to it that you upload. If you create an automated collection, you can set conditions that would include new products that match, as you add them in. This page in our help docs has details on the differences between manual and automated collections. 

If you'd like to keep your menu connected to the "All Products" page I did find the area in the Brooklyn code that is pulling the title onto collection pages. It is similar to the previous page title link, as you can see from this screenshot. 

It is located in the "Snippets" area of the theme code in a file called collection-template.liquid. Before making any changes to the theme code I always like to suggest duplicating your theme. You can do this by going to Online Store>Actions>Duplicate. Just in case.

I hope this helps to get the title appearing how you'd like!

Lizzy | Shopify Guru

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Luke_MF
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Lizzy, can you please let me know how I can do this in the Studio theme? 

I do not see "collection-template.liquid" in the Studio theme...

I would like to change "Products" to "Shop."

Thanks so much in advance! 

Gajendra
Shopify Partner
87 5 14

Hello AJ,

As Lizzy explained already is a better way to do. 

But, if you want to not go into coding, you can use other ways, simply create a new collection named as 'Print' add all products into that collection, (use smart collection, condition could be all products with price higher than 0) and then link this collection on your navigation.

so simply when you open that page you will get the colllection name print (so the title) and also with all the products in it 🙂

Best,

Gajendra.

Shopify Custom Theme Developer | Figma to Shopify 2.0 | Top Rated on Upwork
Direct Message - https://gajendra-d.com - ecom@gajendra-d.com - LinkedIn - Twitter
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!