Change Section Heading Tags - Homepage

paulflaherty1
1 0 0

Hi Guys

I'm trying to clean up a website by having just one <h1> heading tag displayed on the homepage.

https://desiresoapsandcandles.com/

Could anyone tell me how to change the homepage-sections--title tags so they are displayed as <h2> and not <h1>.

In the collection-template.liquid file i have amended from <h1 class="page--title">{{ collection.title }}</h1> to  <h2 class="page--title">{{ collection.title }}</h2>  but they are still displaying as <h1>

Can anyone point me in the direction please?

Paul

0 Likes
renus
Shopify Partner
171 15 28

HI @paulflaherty1 

You need to make custom changes on each sections in shopify liquid file

open all section file and made changes on it

Thanks

Renu

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on renusharma7@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : renusharma99
0 Likes
suyash1
Shopify Partner
2724 289 452

@paulflaherty1 - each sectino code needs to be edited from back end, if you are not familiar with it then you can contact me, I will let you know everything. You have my email below.

You are welcome to contact me, my email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com
Free Shopify solutions/tutorials on youtube
#1 page builder app on Shopify - for FREE! PageFly
0 Likes
paulflaherty
Tourist
7 0 4

Thanks everyone for getting back to me regarding my post/

@suyash1 suyash1 - are you able to advise which template files I need to look at please?

Kind Regards

Paul

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10273 144 1943

@paulflaherty1 wrote:

Hi Guys

I'm trying to clean up a website by having just one <h1> heading tag displayed on the homepage.

Before jumping into offer solutions are you able to give insights into why you need to do that? As long as the structure of your page is valid, it's very ok to have multiple H1 elements. Worth pointing that out before you go to far down the rabbit hole. Haven't tested your site to know if it a valid html5 structure.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
paulflaherty
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi Jason

The website URL is https://desiresoapsandcandles.com

I do understand with HTML5 it is acceptable to have multiple H1 tags displayed on the page. However, when i am running the site through Screaming Frog it is not picking up the main <h1> heading tag 'Luxury Handmade Soaps and Scented Candles' displayed on the page.

It could be okay to leave it, but its generally a good practice to have only one <H1> heading tag displayed on the page.

Paul

0 Likes
suyash1
Shopify Partner
2724 289 452
you will need to check each section file, each section which is provided by
theme for home page
You are welcome to contact me, my email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com
Free Shopify solutions/tutorials on youtube
#1 page builder app on Shopify - for FREE! PageFly
0 Likes
paulflaherty
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi Suyash1

Thank your for your reply, although it hasn't really helped with a solution to my issue.

Paul

0 Likes