Change Size of Variant Font

1 0 0

Hi, I would like to learn how to make the size of my variant font on my product page larger. It's very small and takes too much of a strain to read. I am using the pop theme. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 31 77

Hi, Brandon!

This is May from Shopify.

First of all, I’d like to say that your website looks very on brand! Love the image and font you chose, it makes me feel relaxed when I visited your site. ?

I am by no means an expert in coding, however, I did some testings on my test store and it looks like you can make the variant font size bigger by editing your theme code. Before making changes to your code, I strongly recommend duplicating your theme, to ensure that your customers aren’t affected if you see any unintended results. After you’ve done so, you can follow the steps below!

1. From your admin, go to ‘Online Store > Actions > Edit code’.

2. On the left hand side, click on a folder called ‘Assets’ and select ‘timber.scss.liquid’.

3. Search for this section of code

select {

font-size: em(12px);

}

If you have not made any changes to the code, you can find this section of code on line 1934 to 1936. 

4. You can make the font bigger by changing ‘12px’ to a larger number.

5. Click ‘Save’.

It is important to note that once you make changes to 'timber.scss.liquid’, you cannot revert back to older versions. Therefore, duplicating your theme is very important. If you are not comfortable with making this change, I highly suggest reaching out to our Shopify Experts. Alternatively, since you are using a theme made by Shopify, our theme support may be able to look into making the change as well if your account is eligible!

Let me know if this helps. Feel free to reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support, and we’ll happily help!

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi, How would you Bold the variant title?

0 Likes