Change back background new update?

Highlighted
1 0 1

I do not like this new update on the website store, the live view colours really sore my eyes. Is there a way to change it back to original?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey, @QXEENLEE!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for posting! It sounds like your Admin has just been updated to the new design - I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback on this. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with our new design hasn't been pleasant. While it's not possible to revert back to the old version, I'd love to help you find alternative ways to utilize your Admin page without hurting your eyes in the meantime!

Have you looked into any display apps or Chrome extensions? I personally use f.lux, as I work evenings and this software will adjust the brightness and tone of my computer's display depending on the time of day. There are other color effects that you can use with it too! You can also browse through the Chrome Webstore for Chrome extensions. I was able to find a couple you might be interested in checking out below. Please keep in mind, I haven't tried any of these so I'd recommend reading reviews before committing to one.

Why the change?

We heard from many merchants who were not happy with the design we had first launched Polaris in 2017. Taking our merchants feedback, we decided to make some improvements:

• A more mature visual tone: the new design is intended to be both approachable and powerful.
  • Designed with accessibility in mind: we've increased color contrast, clarified badges, and simplified icons.
  • Performance improvements: under-the-hood changes to various areas make the admin faster.

You can learn more about these changes here. If you use GitHub, you can submit feedback or feature requests on the Polaris Github page. Otherwise, if you'd be open to elaborating on what specific aspects or colors of the new Admin design you'd like changed, I'd happy to submit your feedback as a feature request for future design updates.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes