Change font color on Blockshop Product Slider

Solved
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

We have the Product Slider enabled on the home page of our store (Blockshop theme). We are able to control the color of the background and the prev/next slider arrows, as well as the copy in the text line above the products, in the theme customizer. However, I can't find any way to control the color of the font in this section. We want to use a darker background color, and the heading text as well as the product text below each image is dark by default.

How can I change this? I thought I found the correct line in our style.css code (for defining the h2) and I also see the liquid code for that widget in index.liquid, but I can't figure out where or how to add code to change the font color.

Our shop is lotusblooms.com and it's the third section down on the home page. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
1773 291 378

Hi @Rebecca_Proch 

Add this css in asset->theme.scss file at bottom

.template-index .product-slider{ background: black; }
.product-grid .title a{color:white}

Note: you can change color

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
1 Like
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you thank you! That worked perfectly for the item names, but I still can't figure out how to change the heading ("Fall into bed with our fresh new season of lingerie").

It looks like this is the line of code that should affect it?

.template-index .product-slider h2 { text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 30px; font-weight: bold; }

I tried adding in color: #ffffff; before the closing curly brace, but it didn't change anything. I also tried creating a new line at the bottom:

.template-index .product-slider h2 { color: #ffffff; }

...and that didn't do anything either. I also tried color: #ffffff; !important and no dice.

Am I looking at the correct thing?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
1773 291 378

Add this css:

.template-index .product-slider .font-headings a{ color:white;}
Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you SO much, Jasoliya! That worked perfectly. Doing a little happy dance here!! Your help is so appreciated.

For anyone else who might read this thread with a similar issue, I'm noting that I didn't have a theme.scss file in my assets, but I put this code into style.css.liquid in Assets and that worked.

0 Likes