Change footer background color (brooklyn theme)

Gabriel_Almonte
9 0 0

Hello guys, i need some help, i want to change the background color to my footer menu, ive searched for answers but they are old and they suggest to add a code to a timber.liquid, which im unable to find the code asset section. I appreciate the help!

Thanks.

0 Likes
marlex
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

May I know which brooklyn style do you have? Because if you cant find it in the theme settings, i think best way to do that is to add a style for footer in theme.scss.liquid or timber.scss.liquid

--- marlex
0 Likes
Gabriel_Almonte
9 0 0

Hi, I have the classic theme. I don't have the timber.scss.liquid, so that's why I was asking where I can put the color code. Is it in theme.scss.liquid? If so, could you please tell me where to put it?

0 Likes
marlex
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Just get the id or class of your footer. Then add it at the bottom of your theme.scss.liquid. If you can't find any class or id, go to section -> footer then add an id or class that you can use to add a style for your footer.

--- marlex
0 Likes
Gabriel_Almonte
9 0 0

Thats what i did, can you tell me how its properly done? I hit preview and i fail to see the blue color in my footer. Thanks

When i added that code, my site didnt function properly

0 Likes
marlex
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Put it under the .site-footer { thats all.

--- marlex
Gabriel_Almonte
9 0 0

It worked thank you!

0 Likes
Gabriel_Almonte
9 0 0

However I do show this little bit of white background at the bottom, do you know how to take that out?

EDIT: I found the solution, appreciate it!

0 Likes
Christina_Zacha
3 0 0

Hi Gabriel, 

I actually want to change the default Brooklyn footer design to how you have updated your footer. I got in contact with Shopify and they mentioned the only way to do it is by hiring an expert. 

Would you mind sharing what you did to update it?

0 Likes
Gabriel_Almonte
9 0 0

Sure thing you search in the assets section for "theme.scss.liquid. Then you search where it says .site-footer{ you just have to put background-color:#E8T8FF" or any color that you want, and you put it just under the .site-footer

0 Likes