Change navigation menu drop down color on mobile - Debut Theme

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hello,

My navigation bar is black with white text.

However, on my mobile version, the drop down of the hamburger menu is white with blue text. I would like to change it to black background with white text. Can anyone help?  Images are below.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 70

Hi, Mike!

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

To get some more concrete advice on how to change this setting, it would be helpful to know which theme you are using. For example, are there built-in color settings that you could manipulate? Online Store > Themes > Customize > click Theme settings > Colors. Review the listed sections and Save changes.

Often, asking the theme's Developer directly is a good strategy if you're looking for some advice or a quick fix! This doc - Support for Themes is a great place to learn more about that. 

If you wanted to experiment with some coding options, there are a few suggested tweaks you could make to the code depending, again, on the theme.

1. Go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > click Edit code > click Assets > select theme.scss.liquid

2. Look for a part of the file that looks like
    .site-nav--dropdown {
        background-color: white;
    }

3. Change the color to black or use the hex code #000000

I'd suggest testing this out on a copy of your theme that is not live! Also take a look at any text that might not show up in contrast to this color edit. 

There are also some similar queries answered here and here. Let us know what works for your or if you need some more help with that!

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you in advance for your help and would glady appreciate your understanding if this has been addressed before. I am really a novice in coding. In fact never done this before. I am using Debut theme. I followed the instructions above and I encountered something similar (see below). Now, I want to change the color that is darker on the dropdown menu, my currency options is in white text and the drop-down color is white as well (so naturally, you cant see them). Per your instructions above i should find the color and change it from white to e.g. black but the color below says $color-bg. So I am not sure if this is a color code or hex.

.site-nav__dropdown {
display: none;
position: absolute;
padding: 11px 30px 11px 0;
margin: 0;
z-index: $z-index-dropdown;
text-align: left;
border: 1px solid $color-border;
background: $color-bg;
left: -1px;
top: 41px;

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 5

Hi there,

I am wondering if there is a way to just change the color of the text in the dropdown navigation menu? The text concerning my specific categories is the correct color, but I cannot find a way to change the color of the text underneath where it says "log in" "account" etc. I have attached a screenshot of what I'm referring to. I would like the text to be white to match the rest of the menu.

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 3.56.29 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the Same Problem,

Did you solve it?

Can Anybody else help

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi there, we have a similar problem. How do I change the background on this drop down menu to black?

I've been able to do it for the other menu but for some reason this one won't change 

Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 12.07.59 PM.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5801 847 1942

Hello, @AshleySoloSocia 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3

HI Ashley! Did you find a solution for your drop down background solution? I have the exact same problem.... white text in white background :( 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3

HI Ketan

I Have the exact same problem as Ashley. White text on white background on my drop down menu. How can I change this? Please help thansk 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5801 847 1942

Hello, @Naty1 

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes