Change number of images per row in collection grid - Brooklyn

Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi Lisa,

I tried to do what you suggested in order to increase the number of products per row, but didn't work and gave me an error. 

To be precise, I changed <div class="grid__item grid-product {{ grid_item_width }}{% if sold_out %} is-sold-out{% endif %}">

into <div class="grid__item grid-product {{ one-whole medium--one-half large--one-quarter }}{% if sold_out %} is-sold-out{% endif %}"> 

within product-grid-item.liquid

What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
9 0 4

Hi Giacomo,

Instead of  <div class="grid__item grid-product {{ one-whole medium--one-half large--one-quarter }}{% if sold_out %} is-sold-out{% endif %}"> you should actually use  <div class="grid__item grid-product one-whole medium--one-half large--one-quarter {% if sold_out %} is-sold-out{% endif %}">

All the best,

Lisa Villeneuve

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello Lisa! Hope I'm not resurrecting a necro thread but I'm also trying to make the same change in the Minimal theme. Trying to change my collection page to show 3 or 4 products per row but I can't find

{{ grid_item_width }} in the  product-grid-item.liquid snippet

Appreciate any help you can give!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
9 0 4

Hi Kim,

For the Minimal theme, it might vary depending how old the theme is. I'd recommend reaching out to the support email listed for the theme and see if they can help with minor adjustments like mentioned in the [Design Policy](https://help.shopify.com/manual/using-themes/shopify-design-policy). 

All the best,

Lisa Villeneuve

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank you Lisa

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hello Lisa,

Could you help me how to do it with Supply theme, please? :) At the moment, there's limit of 5 items in a row in the featured collection, I'd like to increase the limit up to 7. I have tried to change CSS, but it doesn't work. I think I had to mess up something... 

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Mariola

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Lisa,

We use the Brooklyn theme on www.other-kingdom.com

I used your code to try and change the collection from three to two columns. Please see screenshot attached. However, it doesn't seem to do the job on our website. It just stays the same.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Tino

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2374 163 342

Hi Tino, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Would you be able to ask this and start a new thread, please? The reason I ask is that the original post and help from Lisa is well over a year old, so a lot has changed since then and starting a new thread would be recommended. It might be a slightly different code issue to what Lisa was talking about above also and a lot more people will be able to see your post and be able to offer help if you start it as a new thread.

Your best bet would be to ask this in the Shopify Design topic linked here, as that's where most of the code and design changes like this are asked. In doing that also, if you could offer as much detail as possible to help someone to help you with it, it would be awesome. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Once I've done this, the image ratio changes on the phone and the image does not fully fit the top part of the box for the product. Do you maybe know how to fix this using CSS? 

0 Likes