Change product image on variant change

Atiqur_Rahman
Shopify Partner
14 1 15

Hey, I am struggling to find an ideal solution to change the product image based on the variant selection. I do not see any identifier on the product images using which I could do a cross matching for js change event.

Every theme has this feature, so I guess, there is a pretty good solution to this. 

Can you please help me showing the right path?

Thank you.

If you have any requirement, please email me directly to ratiqur807@gmail.com

I'm the GENUINE EXPERT that you might need today!
Ann
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
509 0 99

Hey there, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

This is something you can achieve with a little bit of code customization. We have the step by step process for how this can be done on this page in our Shopify Manual. 

It's good to note that while these steps are provided by Shopify, our support isn't trained in coding, so we wouldn't be able to help with any questions you have. However, if something does come up, you can always post questions here so other developers can help.

Anytime you're making changes to your theme, your best bet is to make a copy of your theme so that if something breaks, you can easily get your store back to how it was. Check out the steps on how you can do that on this page

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Atiqur_Rahman
Shopify Partner
14 1 15

Hey, I want to change the image on dropdown option change. You sent me wrong article. Can you help with what I am asking? 

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Ann
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
509 0 99

Hey again, 

Sorry for the misunderstanding! If you just want variant images to change when you choose a different variant from the dropdown menu, all you have to do is assign images to your variants. You can see the steps on how to get this done on this page in our Shopify Manual. 

Take a look and let me know if that helps! 

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes
Atiqur_Rahman
Shopify Partner
14 1 15

You understood it wrong again! I want CODE example that changes the featured image on choosing the dropdown options.

0 Likes
Ann
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
509 0 99

Hey, 

Thanks for clarifying that. I'm afraid we don't have a page in our Shopify Manual with those steps, since that is something that will already be built into the theme (no need for merchants to add it themselves).

Are you not seeing it in the theme you are using? If not, your best bet will be to reach out to your theme developers directly and have them take a look! 

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes
squeeji
1 0 1

Hello! I am not seeing this in the theme "Expression". We have the variant images set for the products, but they do not change when selecting the variant name as expected. :(

AliRae
Excursionist
12 0 6

Did you ever find a solution? I'm running into a similar issue on a theme.

0 Likes