Change product page heading in Debut

Highlighted
3 0 2

Don't want to see the tite "Products" ... wish to change it to something more friendly.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

Rich

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
725 24 240

Hey, Rich!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. ?

Without being able to see your store, it sounds like you're referring to the collection title. Navigate to that page now and take a look at your URL in your address bar. Does it look something like this: yourdomain.com/collections/all? If so, that is the default collection title. You can't change it but what you can do is create a new collection to put all of your products in and link that menu to the new collection. This one can have any name you choose. 

To create a new collection, go to Products > Collections in your admin and click on Create Collection in the top, right-hand corner. You can find more details on creating and managing collections in this guide.

Once you've done that, go to Online Store > Navigation. Click on Main Menu then click on your Shop menu (or whichever menu is directing you to that page). You can then click Edit to change where that page is linking to. At the moment, it will be linking to All Products so you want to change that to the name of the new collection you created. You can find more information on managing your Navigation here

If this is not what you meant, please let me know. If you can provide a direct link to the page, that would be helpful. 

We are always around if you need more support.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
3 0 2

I appreciate you responding but, sorry, that's not the correct answer.

I simply want to change the word "Products" on the collections page. After snooping through the templates, I found what I needed in collection-template.liquid.

{% else %}
      <div class="page-width">
        <div class="section-header text-center">
          <h1>
            <span role="text">
              <span class="visually-hidden">{{ 'collections.general.collection_label' | t }}: </span>
             <!--collection.title }}-->
              It's all good!
            </span>
          </h1>
          {% if collection.description != blank %}
            <div class="rte">
              {{ collection.description }}
            </div>
          {% endif %}
        </div>
      </div>
    {% endif %}

https://richs-good-stuff.myshopify.com/collections/all

This shouldn't be that difficult for even a novice ... and I even have a Master's degree in Web Design.

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hey did you just paste this into collection.template.liquid? 

Did you remove the code that was currently there or just add to it? 

Hope this makes sense I too don't like the heading "products" and want to change it

thanks heaps! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there, did you ever get a reply? Thanks

@ecowisestore wrote:

Hey did you just paste this into collection.template.liquid? 

Did you remove the code that was currently there or just add to it? 

Hope this makes sense I too don't like the heading "products" and want to change it

thanks heaps! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

It helped thank you

0 Likes