Change sort order on shop page - not within collections!

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi, I can't find a way to change the pre-set sort order of products shown via the 'shop' link in my store - where all the products are shown, rather than collections.

I'd like visitors to see the newest products first, particularly at the moment, when I have just started adding the stock I want to prioritize over the vintage stuff I've transitioned from Etsy!

Is there a way to make this a continuous scrolling page as well?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2127 354 445

Hi @kuloko 

On collection page you have may be default filter box (sort by) given in this you can set default new to old product by code.

For continuous scrolling page you have to set infinite scrolling on collection page by Js, may be you cant do it by self you have to get help of developer or hire.

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
1 Like
Tourist
9 0 0
Hi Jasoliya,
Thanks for your comment. Not sure I completely understand: do I need to enter some code to change the default order?
Cheers!
0 Likes

Success.

Astronaut
1003 129 235

Here's a tutorial on how you can do this:

https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/collections/change-catalog-page

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
1 Like
Tourist
9 0 0
This is great, thanks so much! I'll have to read through it again after some coffee, but I reckon that's fixed, thank you so much! :)
0 Likes