Change the From email address on contact forms.

Solved
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi,

My email server is rejecting many emails that are supposed to come to me from my forms.  I believe this is because if someone@aol.com fills in a form it's not supposed to send emails from that address.  The sending server doesn't have permission to send an email on behalf of aol.com and the inbound email server rejects due to DMARC rules. I would like to set the replyto field to someone@aol.com and the from field should be my email.  Is there a way to do this in shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
239 22 29

Hi,  @rschlack

You can change it on your admin (left sidebar)
Settings > General : Store details > Customer email.

Let's make the best store!
Contact us at: thepremierstores@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi,

That's just the email used to contact customers.  I'm talking about a customer filling out a contact form on the site.  The from email field is the email they enter which causes rejections from my email server. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
239 22 29

Then you can hide that field by editing your contact template or subscribe form on your theme, your code should look like this:

<input type="hidden" name="contact[email]" value="someone@aol.com" />

If you need more assistance please send us an email and we will respond ASAP.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks.  That's what I was thinking would work but wasn't quite sure how to do it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Can I also add a reply-to field so I can capture the person's email filling out the form?  I added an example below.

<input type="email" id="email" class="email-contact" name="contact[replyto]" value="" placeholder="Email Address" required="required" />

<input type="hidden" name="contact[email]" value="info@mydomain.com" />

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
239 22 29

Yes, you can add extra fields with attribute name="contact[parameter]", all information on your form contact will be send to your email.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Yes, I understand that I can add custom fields.  But it would great if shopify actually had documentation on the available fields that affect the email headers.  Will the contact[replyto] actually go into the header so that when I receive the email and click reply in my email app it will reply to the address the user entered?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
239 22 29

If you manage your email with an App then you should contact to the App developer.

0 Likes