Change the footer's layout [BROOKLYN]

Tourist
14 0 0

Hey!

I have a store on Shopify using the BROOKLYN theme, and my footer looks like this Screenshot_6.png

Is there a way to make it look like this? There are different sections in the same footer and every section has its own titleScreenshot_5.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
56 4 6

Hi @UBoi 

There is no option for this type of the footer in Brooklyn theme, but anyone can do this who have HTML, CSS, and Liquid coding knowledge. 

To get Shopify Store Design, Customization and Development service, Inbox me.
0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 0

Hey

That's exactly what I'm looking for

I have some basic knowledge in HTML, CSS & liquid and I am looking for an expert to help me

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
84 8 15

Hey, @UBoi!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

The Brooklyn theme footer is built to hold one menu. At the moment the menu on the footer will split into columns if the number of links in one column meets the max. Say for example a footer menu contains 11 links and the maximum in one column is set in the code to be 5. In this case, there will be 3 columns (2 with 5 links and 1 with 1 link).

That said, this means that in order to have headers added above the columns you're looking at, it would mean that the theme would need to allow for multiple footer menus. Along with that, you'll also want to make sure that each header is assigned to each footer menu allowed on the section.

This is all possible to create. However, it would require a significant amount of recoding for the theme. It might be tough to get a quick and easy reply here.

I'd highly recommend reaching out to one of the Shopify Experts to help you rebuild the footer to your specs. When you head over to the Experts Marketplace you'll be able to create a job that several partners can bid on. This will help you get quotes readily and competitively priced.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 0

Hey @Lilith 

I love the idea of hiring a shopify expert to change the code for me, but I've just started my business and I can absolutely not afford any extra costs. Redesigning the footer won't really make much sense when I'm on a tight budget and I still have to run FB Ads and pay instagram influencers.
Regardless, this is definitely going to be on my to-do list.

Thanks again for your reply!

Uboi

0 Likes