Change the "Continue Browsing Here' link

waxxyandco
Visitor
1 0 0

I would like to change the link of the CONTINUE BROWSING HERE button on the empty shopping cart page and make it go back to collections. I am using the Narrative theme.

How do I change this? 

Reply 1 (1)

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

Hi, @waxxyandco!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Great question. Altering the destination of your "Continue Shopping" link does require some coding changes, but I'll walk you through the steps here. If you're not comfortable with coding, I'll leave some alternate options below. It's worth noting, Shopify generally does not support coding changes, however, as this is a simple edit it's worth giving a try. Before we begin, I suggest creating a duplicate copy of your theme so you have a backup, just in case! You can create a duplicate under Online Store > Themes > Actions > Duplicate.

To edit the code follow these steps:

1. Go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code
  2. On the sidebar, find "Sections" and then select cart-template
  3. Press CMD + F (Mac) or CTRL + F (PC) on this page and search for: <a href="
  4. Replace the link after <a href=" with the end of your collections URL (for example: collections/your-collection-name)

I recommend checking out this guide, as it will walk you through these steps in more detail. It will also walk you through different places you're able to link the "continue shopping" page to. You can redirect it to your homepage, the last collection viewed or your catalog page.

If you're not comfortable making these changes, our Shopify Support team will be able to assist you as long as you're using a free Shopify theme. If you are, I recommend contacting our live support team here: https://bit.ly/3i52f21.

With Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up at the end of the month, it's time to start thinking about how you'll promote your store during this time. I've compiled some resources for you below which you can take a look at. I recommend getting in early and making sure you're ready to go so you can convert your traffic in to genuine sales.

BFCM Checklist
* A 27-Point Checklist to Prepare Your Store for Black Friday Cyber Monday
* Start early and prepare for a longer season
* Prepare for an uptick in demand

Trends That Will Shape BFCM 2020
* Most—but not all—BFCM shopping will take place online
* Shoppers are on the lookout for clothes and electronics this BFCM
* BFCM shoppers plan to spend more this year

All the best!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.