Change theme

Tourist
49 0 2

Hi

I want to change my theme. Can someone advise me on, when i am going to change my theme, will i lose everything that i have added in my theme that i am using now? Or by changing theme everything will be transferred automatically to the new one i will choose? Your reply is highly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance!!!

Kind regards

Evangelia

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hell Evangelia,

If you are refering to loosing "everything" then no you don't; you will loose somethings. For example, if you had changed the font colour on a certain them (lets call it A) and you move to another theme (lets call it B) then the font colour will most certainly not transit to theme B. Things such as products, navigation menus, collection and many things that are set by shopify will stay, things you set in the theme customisation will most certainly not.

Hope i helped Evangelia

Kind regards,

Kevo

Kind Regards, Kevo
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
583 17 49

Hi, Evangelia.

This is Max from the Shopify Guru Team. 

I would suggest a few different things when changing your theme. 

Check out this doc about Installing and previewing themes.

Save a version of your current theme so it can be reverted or custom code can be adjusted to suit your new theme. Here are the steps used to duplicate a theme

Once you've installed and chosen a new theme, you can start customizing it to your liking. It's also a good idea to add the theme to your account and choose to "install as an unpublished theme" so you can make adjustments before going live. 

Other details store in the Admin like product information, navigation/menus, customer details, page content, etc are all stored on your account. How they appear might be slightly different depending on your theme. So, it's best to preview first before paying for a new theme, as the charges are not refundable. 

I hope this helps. If you ever want to chat things through a bit more, please contact us directly.

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
49 0 2

Dear Max

Thank you so much for all the above which are very helpful!!! Really appreciate it!!! :)

Best regards

Evangelia

0 Likes