Changes to collection list images in brooklyn theme

Tourist
15 0 2

Collection list images on home page appear rectangle, how do I change it to square?

I want to upload different images to the collection list, once I change it to square what is the recommended size of the images?

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
79 7 9

Hi, @Mivhan72

Ash here from the Shopify Team.

Here is our help documentation on image tips for the Brooklyn theme. You can find a number of tips in there, including the ideal image dimensions for square images (1024 x 1024 px). The full documentation on the Brooklyn theme can be found here, and we also have some great information here on uploading images to your website. Do you know what dimensions your images are currently in? 

The collection list images should be square by default, but it’s possible that a code change could have been made to make those rectangle, or an app may have affected the layout. Have you installed any applications or made any code customizations to the Brooklyn theme that may have changed the shape of those images?

I’d love to see a screenshot of your collection list images, and take a look at your site via your store’s URL. Please feel free to share those details with me in a reply here so I can take a closer look.

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you!

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 2

Hi Ash

The collection list images are square on mobile view, I want them to be square also on desktop view.

Maybe a code customization I need to do? 

https://adaneth.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
79 7 9

Hi, @Mivhan72!

I see what you mean. The collection list images appear to be rectangular on the desktop view of your site. As a side note, I think they look great, since the images you’ve added are landscape oriented. That being said, I totally appreciate you wanting to keep them consistent with the mobile view, and have them appear square. 

Since the Brooklyn theme should display the collection list images as square by default, I’m thinking there may have been a code customization already made which caused them to turn rectangular. If this is the case, you may be able to fix this by rolling back changed sections of the themes code to previous versions. Here are some screenshots to show how this is done:

First access the themes code editor: 

20-01-4hgth-zr4nk.png

This dot indicates a section has been modified from the default:

20-01-9vid8-iik5k.png

Once you access a section you want to roll back, click “Older Versions” at the top of the page. You’ll then see a drop-down menu with all of the previous versions this section has had: 

20-01-b44zo-1help.png

For some more information on rolling back sections of a theme, we have a great help document here

Once you’ve identified and rolled back any sections that have been modified, and may have caused this image shape change, let me know if the issue is resolved. 

I’m happy to take a closer look into your shop with you as well. I’ll reach out to you via email so I can gain authorization to look into your store’s back end. If you could reply there with your approval, I can start to dig into this. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes