Changes to fb pixel when changing theme ?

Solved
1 0 0

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to change my current stores theme and was wondering if my pixel will continue working correctly?

Would it continue working as programmed or would I have to uninstall and re-install? Would I still be able to use the same pixel I am currently using, I definitely do not want to create a new one but was just wondering if anyone knew the exact process for this, any insight would help me out greatly.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
181 29 23

Hello, @Kav.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

This is a great question as we feel most stores will change their theme over time as their business continues to grow and evolve. There are a couple methods that Facebook Pixel can be implemented so it depends on which method was used prior to switching your theme. 

If you’ve added Facebook Pixel to your online store preferences, then your pixel will continue to work with your new theme. This will not be a problem with a Shopify free theme or a third-party theme purchased from our Theme Store but we cannot guarantee this for custom themes or third-party themes acquired outside of Shopify.

If the Facebook Pixel was implemented by adding a snippet of code into your theme’s coding files, then this will not work on your new theme. If this was the method used, we have a guide to help remove Facebook Pixel from your online store. If you prefer to continue using this method, you can copy this code from your old theme and paste it in your new theme but I recommend to double-check on your Facebook dashboard and ensure the snippet of code for your Facebook Pixel is the same or accurate.

Let me know if this helps clarify Facebook Pixel for your new theme. If you have any further questions regarding this topic, feel free to respond to this thread.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes