Changing Color of Add to Cart Button (simple theme)

12 0 0

How do I change the color of my add to cart button to green in the simple theme?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
118 12 25

Hi @mchowdhury7126,

Thank you for getting in touch. You can change the color of the add to cart button and the text over the button in your theme editor.

You can access the theme editor by first heading to Online Store > Themes, and then clicking "Customize" next to the Simple theme. Once in the editor, you'll then want to navigate to a product page within the theme before then choosing Theme settings > Colors in the editor. This will then give you the option to edit "Links and primary button background" and "Primary button text", which affects the add to cart button like so:

19-07-gs3rh-o3l2g

I hope this explains things but if anything is unclear, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
12 0 0

I do not want to change the color of the links though

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
118 12 25

Hi @mchowdhury7126,

Okay, I see. To do this, some custom work would likely need to be done to the theme's code to make it so that you can change the add to cart button's color whilst leaving other links as they are.

I have gone ahead and sent an email to the address belonging to your forums profile to discuss this in more detail. Please check your inbox and get back to me there if you'd like more assistance with this!

Kind regards,

0 Likes
12 0 0

I want to change the color of the add to cart button, view cart button (replaces add to cart button after it is clicked), and checkout button to light green. My shopify URL is mohammed-chowdhury7126.myshopify.com. I am using the simple theme. I responded to the email you sent me but did not receive a response.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
118 12 25

Hi @mchowdhury7126,

I have just sent a reply to your email, so we can continue to discuss things there!

Kind regards,

0 Likes