Changing Headings to lower case

BohoBungalow
Tourist
23 0 3

Hi,

I am currently setting up my online store with the free Debut Theme. I have featured collections (e.g. New Arrivals) on my home page. However the headings (New Arrivals etc) are displaying in CAPS. Is there a way to make these lower case?

Jess

Replies 15 (15)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@BohoBungalow 

Please share your store URL.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
Kinjaldavra
Shopify Partner
2302 570 1422

hello @BohoBungalow 

Please provide website url and if your store is password protected then also provide password So I will check and provide a solution here.

BohoBungalow
Tourist
23 0 3
BohoBungalow
Tourist
23 0 3
Kinjaldavra
Shopify Partner
2302 570 1422

hello @BohoBungalow 

please Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code then go to assets/theme.css ->paste below code at the bottom of the file.

#shopify-section-collection .section-header h2{
        text-transform: lowercase;
}

BohoBungalow
Tourist
23 0 3

This has worked thankyou! Will this work for all featured collections now?

Would it be possible to make the first letter of each word capitalised?

Also is it possible to increase the size of this font?

Kinjaldavra
Shopify Partner
2302 570 1422

hello @BohoBungalow 

please Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code then go to assets/theme.css ->paste below code at the bottom of the file.

#shopify-section-collection .section-header h2 {
    text-transform: capitalize !important;
    font-size: 35px;
}

BohoBungalow
Tourist
23 0 3

Thats great thankyou very much.

How can i make these changes apply to all of my featured collections?

Kinjaldavra
Shopify Partner
2302 570 1422

#shopify-section-162477400464286a1d .section-header  h2{
    text-transform: capitalize;
}

BohoBungalow
Tourist
23 0 3

I apologise for so many questions.

Could you please tell me how to do the same to "YOU MAKE ALSO LIKE" at the bottom of the product pages?

Kinjaldavra
Shopify Partner
2302 570 1422

#shopify-section-product-recommendations .section-header  h2{
    text-transform: capitalize;
}

Inovura
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi there, could you please help us to adjust the code to have sub-headers also lower case? www.ayratec.ch
Thanks a lot

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Inovura 

oh sorry for that issue can you try this code
1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->/base.css ->paste below code at the bottom of the file.

.banner__subheading {text-transform: lowercase !important;}

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@BohoBungalow 

sorry for that issue can you please try this code your css bottom of the file 
theme.scss or theme.css

#shopify-section-featured-collections .h2, #shopify-section-featured-collections h2 {text-transform: lowercase;}

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey, @BohoBungalow!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. It’s great to hear you are wanting to optimize your homepage! I understand you are wanting to make the font on your featured collections lowercase. I can certainly help you with this today.

Custom CSS is required to make this adjustment on your collection list. Coding is definitely an area that can be quite complicated if you have not had any previous experience but we are here to ensure you receive the right support and put you in touch with those who can help! Shopify has paid experts who will complete custom coding and in-depth customizations for your store for an agreed fee between you both, they are fantastic at helping you achieve what you're after. Click here to find out more about hiring a Shopify Expert.

If you feel comfortable editing your theme code please follow along with the steps below:

1) Head to Online Store > Theme > More Actions > Edit code

2) Assets > theme.css.liquid > paste the code below in the bottom of the file

#shopify-section-collection .section-header h2{
text-transform: lowercase;
}

Screen_Shot_2021-06-29_at_4.06.50_PM

Shopify collections are one of the most effective ways to make your e-commerce store a more user-friendly place for shoppers to hang out (and buy). Here is a fantastic article that walks you through best practices for optimizing your collections.

As you continue to develop and edit your store, I highly suggest taking advantage of the Shopify Developers website. This is a place where our developers post hundreds of step-by-step coding tutorials which is a great way to familiarise yourself with all the different customization possibilities within your theme!

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog