Changing Minimal Product Page column format

Solved
jmpower3
Tourist
7 0 0

We are in the early process of developing our new site and I would like to know if its possible to change the 50/50 two column format on the Minimal Product Page to a 33/66 two column format. The first column would then take up 1/3rd of the width and contain the single featured image (no slideshow or thumbnails) and have the Title and buttons underneath. The 2nd column (2/3rds of the width) would have the descriptive text - due to the nature of the product there will be a lot of text here.

0 Likes
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
5877 1342 1724

@jmpower3 

Please share your website URL and password if any . I will check and provide a solution here.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Advanced Shopify Page Builder to customize your pages - check here PageFly App
0 Likes
g33kgirl
Shopify Partner
223 59 75

Yes,  it's possible and it's in-built, it doesn't require any coding to do this. All you need to do is navigate to Themes -> Customise -> Select Product Pages from the dropdown -> choose Product Pages which is right after Header and before Product Recommendations -> in the Media section, choose size Small and it should change column layout to 33/66.

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 8.58.43 am.png

If you found my answer helpful, please LIKE and ACCEPT.
buymeacoffee.com/g33kgirl ☕
If you're not comfortable with code, please modify code files at your own risk.
Do NOT give out your passwords unless absolutely necessary.
0 Likes
g33kgirl
Shopify Partner
223 59 75

If you want a custom template to make the titles underneath the image, and description on the left side, you can easily create a custom alternate template with this modification.

0 Likes
jmpower3
Tourist
7 0 0

Hi - thanks for getting back to me. Here's a preview of the site - its all dummy text and images for the moment but you should get the idea. We'd prefer to  scroll the images at the bottom of the description rather than clicking on a lightbox but for them to fill the width of the 2nd column which we want 2/3rds of the width instead of 50%.

https://4brchhr2808dc8c8-55533404311.shopifypreview.com/

0 Likes
jmpower3
Tourist
7 0 0

Thanks for getting back to me but I don't seem to have that option on the Minimal Theme Product Page - there's nowhere to choose the size.

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 10.40.18.png

0 Likes
g33kgirl
Shopify Partner
223 59 75

I'd like to apologise. I got mixed up between Minimal and Debut Theme. This in-built setting is in Debut Theme, not Minimal Theme.

0 Likes
jmpower3
Tourist
7 0 0

No problem - thought that might have been the case - may have to have a look at the Debut theme instead! Thanks for your prompt reply in any case!

0 Likes
jmpower3
Tourist
7 0 0

Hi  - I'm wondering if yuo ha da chance to look at the site link I sent a few days ago. I would really appreciate some feedback on this or at least get some idea of how much it would cost to have it done.

Many thanks

John

0 Likes
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
5877 1342 1724

@jmpower3 

Can you share screenshot what do you want?

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Advanced Shopify Page Builder to customize your pages - check here PageFly App
0 Likes