Changing Product 'Zoom' factor on Shopify Debut Theme Product Image

rtparker
2 0 1

Hi all,

Need a little help -- an option within the Debut theme is to enable zoom on mouseover (like a magnifying glass). However, by default the zoom is too much, is there a setting somewhere to modify this? Thanks in advance!!!

0 Likes
Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1836 210 425

Unless the default implementation has been changed, you should find the settings under sections/product-template.liquid, Shopify Theme Code editor, you should see something along these lines:

{%- assign product_image_zoom_size = '1024x1024' -%} {%- assign product_image_scale = '2' -%}

valid values for product_image_scale are 2 or 3, I hope it is set to 3 and you can lower it down to 2. You can also play around with product_image_zoom_size value if you were referring to the image size and not the scale.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
rtparker
2 0 1

Thank you so much for your help. Unfortunately, it was already set to the minimum zoom, but I was able to play with the image size parameter to achieve a similar outcome. Thank you!

Inesso
Explorer
66 1 12

Just wanted to say that I had the same problem and your posts helped me fix it, thank you.

My images are all in size 2024. The zoom was already set to '2' but I got the perfect zoom by decreasing the parameter product_image_zoom_size to 512x512 (from 1024x1024).

Works like a charm!

0 Likes