Changing Themes

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Hi

I want to change my current theme which is Retina from  Out of the Sandbox to Venturer Shopify theme.  When I go to 'Change Theme' it will only let me change to one of the Retina options.  How do I change it to Venturer please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @rescueswag!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! It sounds like you're trying to publish your Venture theme, is that right? I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with this, but I'd be happy to explain the steps!

To publish your theme, you'll need to go into your Admin > Online store > Themes. Here you should be able to see your Retina theme under the Current theme, and your Venture theme under your Theme library. If you click on the Actions drop-down next to Venture, you can click 'Publish' to publish your theme:

20-55-ltv0j-1gj5g

You can also find these instructions in our Publishing themes guide.

If you're not wanting to publish your theme just yet, but you're wanting to work on customizing it privately you'll want to click 'Customize' next to the Venture theme while it's still under the 'Theme library':

You can then publish the theme following the aforementioned steps when you're ready for it to be made public!

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Thanks so much!  Are you able to help me with reducing the size of the videos and pics too please?  They are really large and I want a lighter feel with more white space around them.  At the moment they take up the whole screen.  I am wondering if I change that in snippets?  This is the code I found there

{%- unless image == blank -%}
{%- if image.aspect_ratio < 1.0 -%}
{%- assign maximum_width = width | times: image.aspect_ratio -%}
{%- if image.height <= width -%}
{%- assign maximum_width = image.width -%}
{%- endif -%}
{%- else -%}
{%- if image.width <= width -%}
{%- assign maximum_width = image.width -%}
{%- else -%}
{%- assign maximum_width = width -%}
{%- endif -%}
{%- endif -%}
{%- else -%}
{%- assign maximum_width = width -%}
{%- endunless -%}
{{- maximum_width -}}

But don't want to play with it without a bit of guidance :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having a problem on word press theme. I'm running an online store astro shop . My product page astro hoodies for men is not showing responsive in Wordpress theme. How can I Migrate to Shopify?

0 Likes