Changing an image in each product page

Tourist
13 0 1

I have an image that is used on each and every product page that I wish to update.

I seem to remember before that I had issues where even after changing an updating the image and saving it, I still had to go through and manually change each product page in order to update the image to the new version.

Was there something that I missed, is it possible to update the image anbd force each page to update to the new version?

0 Likes

In order to respond more precisely, please, write how and where exactly do you change the image?

Best,
Arthur

Shopify subject matter expert | Founder at GenovaWebArt | Full-services shopify agency | info@genovawebart.com
0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

Hello,

Ideally I want to change the image via /admin/settings/files and have it update on all of the product pages. Is that possible?

0 Likes

Yes, you can delete a picture that was uploaded earlier and load a new one with the same name. It might work.

Shopify subject matter expert | Founder at GenovaWebArt | Full-services shopify agency | info@genovawebart.com
0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

'Might'? :)

I take it there isn't a defined way of doing this. Normally with FTP it would be easy.

0 Likes
Highlighted

The point is, Shopify doesn't provide the opportunity to upload files using FTP. Please, try to add images as I suggested and let me know if there are any issues with that.

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

So there is no accepted/defined way to achieve this, it is just trial and error?

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

Right, tried that and it hasn't worked. I suspect I need to change the CDN URL, how is that possible?

0 Likes

Ok, in a case your image was "hardcoded" in Theme follow this steps:

Please, test changes in a theme copy first vs editing the live theme (unless you are really sure it will work).

1.From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
2. Choose "Edit code" from the "Actions" drop-down menu.
3. On the Edit code page, you can find you image in one of this file :
- Templetes/product.liquid
- or Sections/ product-template.liquid file.

*These files can be named differently depending on the Theme.

Hope this helps you!

Best,
Arthur

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

Hi,

No the image isn't contained in the theme, it's used in the product page HTML on each page.

0 Likes