Solved

Changing background colour of section - debut theme

ZaDu
Explorer
69 0 22

how do I change background colour of my featured collection section on debut theme, without changing rest of the store?

Accepted Solution (1)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

This is an accepted solution.

@ZaDu 

Please add the following code at the bottom of your assets/theme.scss.liquid file.

#shopify-section-featured-collections{background: #000;}

Hope this works.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

View solution in original post

Replies 16 (16)

ZestardTech
Shopify Expert
5393 971 1293

Hello There,

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->/theme.scss.liquid->paste below code at the bottom of the file.

.collection-grid-item__title-wrapper::before {background-color: #fff !important; opacity: 0.1 !important;}

Want to modify or develop new app, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: support@zestard.com
Shopify Apps URL :- https://apps.shopify.com/partners/zestard-technologies
Custom Modifications Into Shopify Theme | Shopify Private App | SEO & Digital Marketing
tolinkit
Visitor
2 0 0

I want to change the background color of the navigation, how?

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

This is an accepted solution.

@ZaDu 

Please add the following code at the bottom of your assets/theme.scss.liquid file.

#shopify-section-featured-collections{background: #000;}

Hope this works.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
ZaDu
Explorer
69 0 22

That worked thank you so much. Also how do I now change the text colour for that section as well?

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@ZaDu 

You can use the following code to change the color and background both.

#shopify-section-featured-collections{background: #000; color: #fff;}

You can change the above colors as per your need.

Thanks! 

ZaDu
Explorer
69 0 22

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 3.09.04 pm.png

 Where it says 'Creative Transparent LED Night Light', I want to change the colour of this text. What is the coding to change it? 

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@ZaDu 

If you provide me your URL, that will be helpful.

Thanks!

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@ZaDu 

Thanks for the URL but this is asking password. Please provide password or give preview URL.

ZaDu
Explorer
69 0 22

Oh sorry, the password is Spike123

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@ZaDu 

Please add the following code at the bottom of your assets/theme.css file.

#shopify-section-featured-collections .grid-view-item__title{
color: #fff !important;
}

Hope this helps.

Thanks! 

ZaDu
Explorer
69 0 22

It worked! 

Thankyou so much

ZaDu
Explorer
69 0 22

Hello again. Ive decided to add another featured collection section onto my page and want to change background colour and text colour again. I tried the previous code you showed me for the other featured collection but it doesn't work. Can you provide with the right code to do this please? My store password is Spike123

tolinkit
Visitor
2 0 0

What can I add if I want to change the background color of the nagation on the header? Thanks

mariatsirlina
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi! Would you please be able to help me with a similar request? I need to change the background colour of the logo bar section to #b47557

Thank you!

mariatsirlina
Tourist
6 0 2

Actually, I just figured it out! Thank you! 🙂