Changing color of the icons...especially the customer

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

hello,

I  am trying to change the color of the  icons in  the header (top right of screen). I have this code snippet below from some other posts...all  works fine, except the customer icon!!  I can't find the name of  the icon, I have tried "icon-customer", "icon-myaccount" and all similar variants. but it doesn't take effect.

anyone know the name ?? Also, on the mobile site there is an  "X" which pops up when you hit the  hamburger. anyone know the  name of the  X-icon????

.icon-search {
color: white;

}

.icon-cart {

}

.icon-hamburger {

}

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
333 31 64

Hi, @martinpaulnorth!

This is May from Shopify, and welcome to our Shopify Community.

The class name of the icon could vary depending on the theme that you are using, but you should be able to find out what it is by inspecting the website. In the example below, I am going to demonstrate how to find the icon names using Debut theme. 

If you are using Chrome, you can right click on the icon, click 'Inspect Element', and you will see the code that made up this icon like so:

From the code, you can see that the name for this icon is icon-login. For the 'X' icon, 

it will be icon-close.

Please note that if you are using a different theme other than Debut, the icon names might differ. I also want to mention that I highly recommend duplicating your theme before you make any code changes, to ensure that your customers aren't affected by any unintended results.

Let me know how it goes. If you are still having trouble finding the icon names, please let me know your store URL and I'll be more than happy to dig in!

Cheers!

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 1

perfect, that worked!! Thanks for the help

0 Likes