Changing default "Sort by" option.

1 0 2

Hi,

I am using the "Showcase" theme for my store and I need to change the default option on the "Sort by" drop down from "A-Z" to "Price: Low-High". Can anyone please help me?

My site is www.craveengrave.com

Thanks guys!

2 Likes
Explorer
265 0 21

You set it within the Collection itself. It's at the top of the Products section when you create/edit a collection.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 4

How do you change the Sory By default on the All Products view? Mine is defaulted to alphabetically.

2 Likes
Tourist
14 0 2

I would like to know "How do you change the Sory By default on the All Products view?" as well.

Dan

Regards, Dan Nistor | Instagram Expert
0 Likes
2 0 0

I to would like to know how to change the default sorting on my All Products page... Anyone know?

Thank you,

CG

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2536 31 566

Thats's actually pretty easy -- you have to explicitly create a collection named all (so that it's handle will be all). This new collection will be shown instead of the default all.

Then you can set a sort order on this collection.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com! My post solved your problem? This is my Paypal too :)
1 Like
2 0 0

Super easy indeed. This worked. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

hi tim, thanks for the solution. Apologies in advance if my question is a silly one but i am new to shopify:

When creating a collection named all, is it manual or auto. I am guessing its auto, so what is the condition that should be used?

Cheers!

0 Likes