Changing either background color or text in the newsletter box

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi there folks,

Can't seem to find an answer here on the forums, so here goes. I've gone with a dark footer, with blue text. However, when you try to type anything into the newsletter signup box, it's in black font, so you can't see what your writing. Changing the 'text body' in the theme editor seemed to do the trick...untill i went to view my product pages, where it has also changed the text to white, so the customer can't see the product description! I either need the background inside the newsletter signup to be white, or be able to change the font to white so it's readable.

If anyone could please help it would be appreciated.

Using 'Supply' theme

I've attached an image for reference.

Cheers,

Aaron

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
635 16 203

Hi Aaron!

Liam here from Shopify - thank you for your question :)

Great to see you are looking to customise your newsletter so it looks as good as possible, and I've taken a look at how this can be improved. I've made a change to the very bottom of your theme.scss.liquid file and changed the newletter input field so it has a white background. Is this the effect you are looking for?

Hope this helps Aaron, if you have any other questions, just let me know!

Cheers,
Liam

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Liam Griffin
Shopify | Developer Community Manager
1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks liam, exactly what i was looking for, appreciate it very much.

All the best!

Aaron

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there.

I seem to have a very similar issue to that above in that I can't seem to change either the background or the text to white in the footer so that you can see what you type. Is it possible to help with a fix for this? I'm also using the Supply theme.

Also, the text in the "Sign Up" button for the same newletter bar seems to be linked to the Header font colour and is therefore showing as Grey and not the White colour that I'd prefer. Is there any way to change this too?

Help on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue like the person above me. Please help what need to be change on theme.scss.liquid?

Thanks

Karuna

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

yo whats the point in not explaining what you did on the coding?? left all of us not knowing UGH

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

Hey guys, this is the solution I found on theme narrative. Should work for you also. 

Copy and paste this code as in the image:

background-color: #D89191;

I have the code in 2 sections as you can see, the top one is for sub BUTTON and bottom is where you enter your email.

Row 4172 and 4178

NLTR BG.png

0 Likes