Changing one menu item (SALE) to red color

4 0 0

I've been trying to figure out how to change the text color of one link at the top of my menu bar. I've been searching old threads to no avail, as my theme is a custom prestige based theme.

www.dachicollections.com

I'm trying to edit a link at the top called " SALE" Into red text color, can anyone help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Add below code in the theme.liquid file. Also, you can set your background color and text color in below style.

<style>
#section-announcement {
background: #000 !important;
color: #f40505 !important;
}
</style>
Pratap Odedra
Odedra.pratap@gmail.com
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9922 76 1440

Does the

@Brashid91 wrote:

I've been trying to figure out how to change the text color of one link at the top of my menu bar. I've been searching old threads to no avail, as my theme is a custom prestige based theme.

www.dachicollections.com

I'm trying to edit a link at the top called " SALE" Into red text color, can anyone help?

Does the above answer your question? I'm reading this as you wanting to change a single word but the above is about change the background colour of the announcement bar. If you are talking about a specific/word link can you give some details about where that is? You have a simple menu at the moment but I don't see a specific "sale" link.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
4 0 0

Jason, yes that is what I'm trying to do, I'm actually trying to determine whether to create a SALE button on the main header or under the Store menu dropdown. I'd like to have the option to turn either of them red. For the time being, i've added a button to the top menu. 

I'd also like to be able to know how to change the colors for the sub menu items under store, like jewelry, bath towels etc. 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9922 76 1440

I don't see the sale button but let's just use any item in your menu. If you are ok with editing some CSS in your take a look at the code below:

/* change rug-medium menu item to red */
.Header__MainNav a[href="/collections/rugs/medium"] { color: red; }

It should be easy enough to follow. It's going to target any link in your main header navigation, with a url of "/collections/rugs/medium", and turn it red.

If your sale collection is "/collections/sale" you'd change the code to:

/* change a sale collection link to red */
.Header__MainNav a[href="/collections/sale"] { color: red; }

See how you go with that and post back if you get stuck.

Edit. I can see you have a link there now for "/collections/sale-items". Just use the same idea as above for that handle.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
4 0 0

Great! May I ask where I would be appending this code to? I've tried adding it at the bottom of the theme.liquid code but to no avail.

0 Likes
Astronaut
761 78 151

It's CSS code, you need to put it at the bottom of your theme.scss.liquid file. 

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes