Changing product image sizes on collection pages (JUMPSTART)

15 0 0

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how to edit the size of the images on my 'collection list' and 'product collection' page. The Jumpstart theme makes them show up in all different sizes, which looks a bit odd to me. 

Here's what I mean:

Collection List

Product Collection Page

My password is 'home'

I assume if I can successfully change the image size, then the titles will also automatically align? 

I am a novice at CSS but would love to learn how to do this. Any help would be gratefully received. I'm tearing my hair out!

Thank you,

Emily

0 Likes
15 0 0

... rookie error. I edited the image sizes so they are all the same size and now they are showing up normally. Doh. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 29

Hi, Emily!

Freddie here from the Shopify Support team, happy to help.

When product images are shown side by side on collection pages, they have different sizes. To make your images appear to be the same size, you need to use a consistent aspect ratio, or height-to-width ratio, for all the images that you add as your featured, or main, images.

An image's aspect ratio is the ratio of its width to its height. For example, an image that is 200px by 400px has an aspect ratio of 1:2. An image that is 150px by 450px has an aspect ratio of 1:3.

Images can be different sizes and still have the same aspect ratio. To calculate whether images have the same aspect ratio, divide each image's width by its height, and then compare the results.

We have a full step-by-step guide in a video that you can check out here:

Let me know if you have any further questions on this! Happy to help.

Best regards,

Freddie
Shopify Support - support@shopify.com

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 1

how to do you adjust the sizing of the product in collections?

my products are all the same size however I want to make them appear larger and take up more space on the website.

1 Like