Changing text color on the newsletter button - Supply theme

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1551 154 442

Hey there, @LondonDGC 

Could you please provide me with some further context? What theme are you using currently? Did you make any coding changes to your theme? Could I please get a link to your store so that I can take a closer look? 

All the Best,

Bo 

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
9 0 0

Thank you for your reply.

Please see my website here: https://www.discgolf.london

I currently use the "Supply" Theme

Have I changed any colours.... well yes, I've customised most of the site with #FFFFFF (White) & #1B47AC (Blue)

Thank you for helping.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1551 154 442

Hey again, Oliver!

Thanks for getting back to me. I took a look at this and it would appear that the text in the newaletter is black and visible: 

Did you manage to resolve this yourself? If so, it would be great if you could share it with the community! 

Bo 

0 Likes
9 0 0
Hi Bo,

The colour is not visible and I'm not able to change it, please can you
direct me on how to change the colour. As I said before, both the
background inside the newsletter box in the footer and the text are the
same colour, (blue not black) making the text invisible. Please can you
have a second look?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1551 154 442

Hey again, @LondonDGC 

Apologies for the miscommunication, it looks as though when you autofill an email it fills as black. I took another look and was able to figure this out. 

1. Go to Online Store > Actions > Edit Code

2. Open the newsletter-form.liquid, you will find it in the Snippets folder. 

3. Find the following code: 

<input type="email" value="{% if customer %}{{ customer.email }}{% endif %}" placeholder="{{ 'layout.footer.newsletter_email_placeholder' | t }}" name="contact[email]" id="Email" class="input-group-field" aria-label="{{ 'layout.footer.newsletter_email_placeholder' | t }}" autocorrect="off" autocapitalize="off">

4. Replace it with the following: 

<input type="email" style="color: white;" value="{% if customer %}{{ customer.email }}{% endif %}" placeholder="{{ 'layout.footer.newsletter_email_placeholder' | t }}" name="contact[email]" id="Email" class="input-group-field" aria-label="{{ 'layout.footer.newsletter_email_placeholder' | t }}" autocorrect="off" autocapitalize="off">

5. Click Save

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1551 154 442

Hey there, @LondonDGC 

Could you please confirm that this code worked for you? 

Thank you! 

Bo

0 Likes
9 0 0

Hi @Bo 

That's strange I replied via email 4 days ago:

Excellent, thank you, that is now fixed. 

I have the same issue when I'm on mobile and click the menu button and try to search for something, the text and background is the same.
Can I use the same code to update this? Where and how to I fix this issue please? 

Thank you for your help Bo.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1551 154 442

Hey there, @LondonDGC 

I'm glad this worked out for you! I looked into this responding issue and it turns out that replying directly to Community notifications via email is not supported, to respond to Community posts you will need to sign into the Shopify Community and respond within the topic.

To solve this issue you are going to go to Online Store > Actions > Edit Code and open the search-bar.liquid in the Snippets folder. 

Find the following code: 

<input type="search" name="q" value="{{ search.terms | escape }}" placeholder="{{ 'layout.search_bar.placeholder' | t }}" aria-label="{{ 'layout.search_bar.placeholder' | t }}">

Replace it with this:

<input type="search" style="color: white;" name="q" value="{{ search.terms | escape }}" placeholder="{{ 'layout.search_bar.placeholder' | t }}" aria-label="{{ 'layout.search_bar.placeholder' | t }}">

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
9 0 0

Strange because I've replied via email previously and it worked.

The new code resolved the issue thank you for your help.

My last issue is with billing and payouts, and I've tried to contact support@shopify.com, but haven't had a responses in over a week. I've sent three emails with no reply.

Any advise on how to get through to customer services or the billing/payout team?

Many Thanks,

@LondonDGC 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1551 154 442

Hey again! 

For the fastest support, I'd recommend the live chat & email service as the emailing support directly is no longer supported. If you weren’t sure how to navigate our help center, I’ve made a quick video here to show you how. I'll go ahead and email you directly from my end, once you email me back you will have been authenticated and I will be able to investigate this for you. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes