Changing the page name 'Catalog'

Solved
2 0 0

Dear Shopify Community, 

I'm currently building my website for my business and it's driving me craaazy that I can't change the word Catalog to 'Competitions'.

I've looked in another forum and someone suggested editing the language, This does not work.

Also on the 'Catalog' page I want to change the word 'Products' to 'Active Competitions'.

I'm using the Debut theme - Any help is much appreciated!!!!!

My website is www.l7c.co.uk 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Expert
2932 499 674

Hi @L7Competitions 

Follow this:

1. change the word Catalog to 'Competitions'.

- Go to online store ->navigation ->main menu ->change text as you want.

2. Also on the 'Catalog' page I want to change the word 'Products' to 'Active Competitions'.

-Open Section ->collection-template.liquid file and find below code:

<span role="text">
      <span class="visually-hidden">{{ 'collections.general.collection_label' | t }}: </span>
     {{ collection.title }}
</span>

Now remove all code from  <span role="text"> .... </span> and add your text like bellow:

<span role="text">
      Active Competitions
</span>

Note: keep in mind  it will show this text in all your collection page, if you want to change it base on collection then keep same code and assign collection so i will show collection title. 

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 68 101

Hey, @L7Competitions!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Great question! You can change both these items under the navigation settings in your Shopify admin. To change the 'Catalog' text, go to 'Online store' >'Navigation' > 'Main menu' and changing the wording there. Then if you click 'edit' beside that catalog section you will more than likely have 'products' linked there too. The way to change this is to create a collection with the title you want that page to be, like 'competitions'. Add the competitions to that collection and then go back to navigation and link the collection there. This will change the text of that page to whatever the collection is called. 

I hope this makes sense but if you need any clarification just let me know. Don't forget to check out our Shopify Academy, we have so many free short courses that are really informative. You can enrol at any time here!

All the best,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you very much for your help, I'll keep your details for future questions.

0 Likes