Checkout custom banner logo link

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi,

first of all: it's impossible to customize the styling (css) of the checkout page, right? When you use a custom banner for your Shopify checkout page, via customize theme, the logo link - css class .logo - is displayed as "block" and thus spans the whole width of the page. How can I change this or can you change this? Nobody expects to go back to "Home" when clicking on an empty area on the banner.

PS: It would be nice if you could adapt the Checkout page regardless of your current subscription. It would also be nice if the checkout URL would be on your own domain.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
283 0 49

Hi David,

I hate to bring bad news, but the checkout is not something we can offer to give access to adjust. Each store on the platform uses the same CSS, and the only adjustments available are seen in Customize Theme > Checkout only.

Our Plus Plans will allow this to be edited, and are the only shops that can adapt the Primary Domain URL as well.

Please let me know if you had any other questions about this,
Hugh

Happy selling! :)
0 Likes
Highlighted
19 0 0

Has the behavior of this changed since the original post?  The original implies that the large html block surrounding the logo was a link back to the shop's homepage.  For me, the block is a link to nothing (an empty anchor tag).

I'd prefer it to be a link back to the trueprimal.com page.  Right now it looks like a link but clicking does nothing, which is confusing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
19 0 0

I'm starting to suspect the reason that link is broken is that the store is hosted on a dedicated domain, not a *.myshopify.com subdomain.  I found an example of a store on a *.myshopify.com subdomain and it contained a link back to the homepage.

Any way to fix this for sites on dedicated hosting?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

I have just encountered the same issue as True Primal. When viewing the checkout page in my Theme Preview (which links to the myshopify store), the URL in the logo works fine. However, when using it on my dedicated hosting, the logo links to an empty anchor tag.

Can Shopify confirm that this is or is not the issue, and when we can expect a fix?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi @True_Primal ,

Is this suspicion of yours true? I do have a similar situation where the logo link in the checkout page is not clickable. I have a complete custom front-end and am not using any particular theme and therefore my page is not hosted on Shopify as well. I too have visited other pages that are on Shopify and the logo on their checkout page seems to be clickable which brings them back to the homepage. But does not seem to be working on mine.

Hi @Christian_Griff ,

Did you manage to get a response from Shopify or manage to get it to work? It works on my Theme Preview as well but not in the actual checkout page.

Regards,
Eugene Oei

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 10

Never got any response from Shopify.  I've been meaning to investigate other checkout-hosting providers other than Shopify, in order to fix this and some other issues, but it's been a low-priority task.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi @True_Primal_LLC ,

Thanks for getting back! As much as it's a pain, it's something I will have to live with for now and relegate it to a low priority as well

1 Like