Checkout first step mod

Tourist
5 0 0

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to modify my checkout first step theme as it is on jpg attached

Anyone has a suggestion or maybe a link to follow to know how to do that and where I've to insert code?

I've tried using box on Setting - Checkout - Additional Script 

It doesn't go, I've find online that if I'm going to insert code on Additional script section, it goes to modify the Order status page..

Hope to an answer and an help from the community

Best

Alessandro

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1592 121 329

Hi Alessandro,

Unless you are on a Shopify Plus plan, the checkout process cannot be modified at all.

The only aspects that can be customised are the title, banner, colours, string literals that appear in checkout and the order summary screen (the last screen of checkout).

Hope this helps!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
1 Like
Tourist
5 0 0

Thanks for your answer!

I know the same thing, but if you looking on the screenshot and link, you will see that it's an app and you have not to have Shopify Plus to install it.

So I supposed that there's a method to do that. I was thinking that they're going to launch a javascript on page, but I don't know how to insert my code on background.

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 0

As you can see it's an app called Sellify, I will link the demo app on theme for you:

https://mysellify.myshopify.com/23258929/checkouts/6d9ca3848c61841d33d197fc413f87e9?step=contact_inf...

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1592 121 329

Which one of their apps states that? For all I know, the demo store could have had Plus features enabled to demo all features even those that would only be available if the app is used on a Plus store. I cannot find any documentation that claims you do not need a Plus store to have those checkout extras enabled - in fact, I cannot find a single screenshot, marketing info or documentation of any kind from that vendor. AFAIK, there is no way to tell if a storefront is on Plus plan or has its features enabled.

From their customer reel, all I can tell is that their Shopify customers usually have a standard Shopify checkout. Only their Magento customers have SPC.

Maybe I am missing something obvious here... dunno!

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1592 121 329

On a side note, I would not even consider or walk down that road trying to manipulate Shopify checkout because that is a pretty certain way how to get your store or app removed - see Security section of Shopify App Criteria / Checklist.

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 0

I kown Karl, you're right, it's the same thing that I've thinked; if you're not on a Plus store, you can't mod your checkout.

I'm going to try my last chance, write to app developers to know if it's possible use it on any plan or I need just Shopify Plus.

Maybe I will update you if you want.

Best

Alessandro

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 0

Goodmorning Karl,

I've contacted the developers of the app, here is the link: https://uco.sellifyapps.com/auth

They say that it's possible to install it on any Shopify plan...and it works for true...how is possible??

Hope to hear from you, I'm trying with my internal developing team to understand.

Best,

Alessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9420 11 1262

There was a method that would involve hijacking the google analytics scripts to add code that could appear in checkout. It's a gross hack at best, and not something partners should even be attempting. Don't expect it to work on new shops.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
1 Like